Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what current pair of cb's would you want starting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
    Cromartie isnt even the best cover corner on his team! He had alot of INT's though, so I guess thats all you care about.
    I'm not surprised your reputation status is so horrible.
    Last edited by Ness; 04-16-2008, 01:56 AM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Terrence Newman
      Champ Bailey

Good luck w/these two shut down corners

Comment

Seems like most people found a way to mention someone from their own team despite them clearly not being the best.

Packers fans: Can you honestly quit mentioning Charles Woodson or Al Harris, neither are top 2 for sure. The thread didnt ask for top 5 or top 10 and their is only room for 2.

PS were still waiting for a Ravens fan to say McCallister, a Seattle fan to say Trufant, and a Lion fan to be proud of Bodden.

All im saying is dont say "Al Harris" when hes a great corner, but not top 2. And exspecially dont say "Charles Woodson" when your sig has a picture of AJ Hawk.

Im going to bed.

My picks are:
        1. Eric Wright
        2. Brandon McDonald/Champ Bailey
        The thread is subjective. You're acting like there is only one correct answer. You're telling people how participate in the thread, yet ironically you can't even follow simple instructions.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I'd take Champ Bailey; a proven commodity, who I would pair with Antonio Cromartie who has all the potential in the world.

Comment

Seems like most people found a way to mention someone from their own team despite them clearly not being the best...

My picks are:
            1. Eric Wright
            2. Brandon McDonald/Champ Bailey
            Bravo. Brilliant satire.

By the way, I do agree that people aren't looking hard enough at Antonio Cromartie's season last year. The guy obviously the played the ball exceptionally well, but his coverage skills still leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              Cro obviously. and Cro gets thrown at because Jammer covers guys like a blanket. Why mess with a proven pairing?
              Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?

Comment

Originally posted by 661rep View Post
                I would take Aso & Champ now, but if I were to put two guys together for the future it would be Aso & D. Hall. I have a gut feeling D.Hall is going to have a big year this year... since QBs will be forced to throw his way.
                No, quarterbacks will be forced to hand the ball off to runningbacks with the awful run defense of the Raiders.

Are people forgetting how much everybody hyped up the Champ Bailey and Dre Bly duo and it really turned out pretty bad (as far as the overall defense)? Granted the Raiders are a little better at safety but their defensive line is pretty bad.

Comment

I'd take...

Al Harris and Ike Taylor

I like CB's that are big and can hit!

If this was next year, i would autimatically say Brandon Flowers :)

Comment

Aso and Hall are the best duo in the NFL. No arguement is valid against them... Aso is without question a top 3 CB in the league, maybe number 1 depending who you ask, and Hall is definitely a top 10 corner.

After that you're probably looking at Harris/Woodson or Jammer/Cro (mostly because Cro easily has the potential to be the far and away best corner this year. Jammer is solid but not amazing.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                      Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?
                      And so many QB's choose to throw to Cro over Jammer am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        The thread is subjective. You're acting like there is only one correct answer. You're telling people how participate in the thread, yet ironically you can't even follow simple instructions.
                        People need guidlines on how to write a subjective post when there replys are:

1. Player from my team
                        2. Champ Bailey

This thread seems like it was made to give a shout out to every teams DB's as if we dont know they exists.

I mean honestly look at the last post. A Steelers fan just said he would take Ike Taylor over Champ Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I'm gonna be different.

1) Give me T-New, he can play the slot WR beautifully and stick with any WR step for step, he's all over finesse Wr's and will lock down a shifty WR without trouble

2) Al Harris to play those bigger WR's and get their hands on them and knock them off their route...Yes he's been beat before but so has Champ Bailey and Deangelo Hall, I love his physical style of play, and these 2 contrast eachother very well and would have no problem playing man to man vs another teams top 2 WR's.
                          Your going to be different, or your going to be a homer? Theres a difference. At least this time a poster mentioned a CB that should be listed in the top 5 Ill give you that.

Comment

Nmandi Asomugha and Champ Bailey

Ike Taylor in the Nickle

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                              Congratulations you pulled out this reference for the 1000th time, you now get a free shopping spree!

Seriously it's old. The fact is I'm way more concerned with Jammer shutting down guys like Randy Moss, the Indy duo, etc. than I am with anyone on the Chiefs. I guarantee if you watch the games of the last two or three seasons, you'll grade Jammer very highly.

Comment

how bout cromartie and and woodsen then stick devin harris( yea hes a Wr now But id switch him to CB) at nickle
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information