X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego LB Cooper suspended 4 games

...for substance abuse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3348671

This isn't the first time he's been caught with a banned substance. When he was in college, he was caught with over 1,000 steroid pills.

Oldie but a goodie.

edit: Nevermind. Lame.

Time to wake up for Anthony Waters.

Word on the Charger boards is ephedra. Dumb.
    Last edited by CC.SD; 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Cant say Im suprised. This is what you expect from the Chargers.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
        As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
            Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.

More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.

Comment

Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.

Comment

This is very disappointing no matter what the substance was.

Comment

Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                  Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.
                  With Hall and Asomugha and Russell, anything is possible.

Those Chargers and their substances. *shakes heads*

Its almost as if every team has an identity

Chargers - Substance Abuse
                  Bengals - Arrests galore
                  Raiders - Bad attitude (this may be changing?)
                  Falcons - Killing Dogs (our DT also got caught killing his GFs dog)
                  Patriots - Cheaters

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                    As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.
                    You basically did with your Raiders comment....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      Haha, no that was just a backhanded comment about the Raiders being terrible.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        No thst was just him pointing out that the Raiders have become excessively pathetic recently. As someone who was born in Oakland, the state of the team wounds me. His comment wasn't false, it was just irrelevent to the discussion.

This doesn't suprise me. PED users tend to come in bunches, due to system level monitoring by the various teams. It seems like the Chargers are the team that's lax in monitoring.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

God Damn Cooper just doing something idotic again... He really needs to wake up. This really pisses me off Cooper showed some serious potential last year and I thought he would play a significant role in the Chargers defense this year... Waters will really have to step up which I think he can. Cooper loses oppurtunity and the respect of his fans and teammates... Its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                            More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.
                            As much as you like to jump in everytime something goes wrong for SD Castillo has never been caught in the NFL with steroids, that was college. And thats still 3. I know, its a huge difference between 2 and 3 right?...

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                              With Hall and Asomugha and Russell, anything is possible.

Those Chargers and their substances. *shakes heads*

Its almost as if every team has an identity

Chargers - Substance Abuse
                              Bengals - Arrests galore
                              Raiders - Bad attitude (this may be changing?)
                              Falcons - Killing Dogs (our DT also got caught killing his GFs dog)
                              Patriots - Cheaters
                              You forgot:

Browns - Staph infections
                              Steelers - Woman beaters

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information