No announcement yet.

Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><

Comment

The Bengals in 2006, like the Jags that season, were on the doorstep of making the playoffs but just couldn't make it.

Hilarious how he thinks he's the best player on the Bengals. LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it).

I feel for Carson, for having had put up with this **** for so long. It's hard enough playing quarterback in the league, Michael Irvin would say he'd blame himself for a bad pass rather than Troy Aikman to not place any additional pressure/grief on him.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.
        Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

we could still win our division without Chad. We need another receiver for sure, but im confident enough in what Carson can do that without Chad we could still be successful. The defense needs to come into its own though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
            Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.
            what would oakland give the Bengals?

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Anyone think there's a chance Dallas makes run at him???

Maybe swap their 28th pick for Cincinnati's 2nd and Dallas throws in a 4th/5th round pick.

That would be scary
              I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out

Comment

you guys hear that?? sounds to me like Redskins One taking off in the distance...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                  This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><
                  No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Everyone here saying that Johnson will garner a 1st or an early 2nd are crazy. Teams are staying away from head cases and they also know that they have all of the leverage in negotionations of trades with the Bengals. There are reasons why fans thought that Walker and Moss would go higher than they actually did.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out
                      According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.
                        No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)

Comment

i think the bucc's should trade there 1st round pick for 85, if miami can get him for a 2nd do it

Comment

No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)
                            You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                              According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.
                              After reading your statement and a couple of other's I'll concede I guess. I hate comparing chad to the other receivers though, because like you said all their situations were different. People thought Moss had lost a step and was slowing down and becoming less productive, Walker was/is plagued by injuries and Welker wasn't that productive before the pats. Chad is still putting up crazy numbers, even in 07', his big problem is teams are going to look at him as a risk because of how he acts - and I don't know how that reflects on the value of a player in comparison to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

We don't need Chad Johnson to be a successful team, but we have to replace the numbers he put up, which an average receiver like chatman / Holt / Gabriel are not going to do. And Receivers are notorious for being terrible their 1st year - so drafting one won't help with 08'. And if we repeat our running game from last year, then we certainly aren't getting those numbers out of it.

Now, with the loss of a top tier talent WR and our incredibly strong division (browns 10-6 last year, and they fixed a lot of their problems in FA already. Steelers are always good. And Ravens can always put pressure on this league simply because that defense is so good) I honestly do not think we have a shot to win our division this year with out chad johnson.

Also, the AFC-North's schedule is so ridiculously tough right now, I can almost garuntee it will produce no wild cards.

So we're banking on miracles at this point =/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information