No announcement yet.

Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Bengals fan, I hope that this works out kind of like the Kobe/Lakers incident did last year. Bryant wanted out, didn't get what he wanted, and then used that to fuel his team to the playoffs.

Chad's not that type.

I hate that he's saying he wants out because he doesn't like the direction they're going in. Last year was just a bizzare year where everything that could go wrong did go wrong (injury wise). With that said, they still went 7-9. The defense played really well the 2nd half of the season, they have a STUD QB, a WR opposite him that allows him to get open, a city that (used) to adore everything he did, and they're about to get an immediate impact player in the draft. This team could easily bounce right back.

He's complaining about the Bengals, yet he's wanting to be traded to teams like Oakland and Miami? Here's the real problem, last year the Cincinnati fans and media really got tired of his act. The guy doesn't take criticism well at all. He started boycotting the local media because they began to question him and ask if he was a distraction.

He also signed a longtime contract a few years ago that would have made him 'a Bengal for life'. The contract was frontloaded heavily and now Chad isn't making what he once did. He wants more money.

Just imagine the tantrums he would have if he had a QB like Jason Campbell.

I'd like to see the Bengals call his bluff and make all of this backfire.

Comment

The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...
      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
        Fabian Washington and a 4th for Johnson. I'd do it.
        Keep dreaming, we dont even need a CB.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          chad you idiot, carson is a top 5 QB in the NFL, where is he gonna go to find one as good as him?
          he doesn't have to go to a team that has a gun slinger for a QB...he could easily go to the Skins, Jags, or Bucs and thrive there...

Comment

I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Eagles are an interesting trade possibility I know they don't need a CB but you throw Lito Shepard + a 2nd round pick for CJ I think it would fly for both teams and could be the pieces to a 3 team trade. GB, Tampa, both teams would throw a 2nd 3rd round choice if not a 1st for Lito.
              Don't let the Eagles fool you just because the trade rumors are gone doesn't mean the Eagles aren't interested in trading him
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.
                lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson

Comment

I'll gladly welcome Chad to Jacksonville. Remember Chad, no state income tax...

Comment

The Bengals won't trade him. Sit him, he doesn't want to play for them, he won't have to. He won't play for anyone.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                      god i beg that he comes to dc!!!
                      I can't even begin to imagine the ridiculous antics Chad and Clinton would cook up.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                        The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...
                        I'd be 100% against that.

Comment

Haha wow chad...chad...chad. Bengals just get this tick that is sucking the blood out of your franchise and move on...

Comment

Why do the Lito Sheppard rumors keep coming up? We don't need a freaking corner.

I'd love to see him never set foot in the facilities, sit out the year and rot away. Part of me loves the stance the they won't trade him, the other part wishes he could just be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              I'd be 100% against that.
                              Finally something we agree on.

No way would I trade for Chad Johnson. Never. And I don't think there is any chance TT would ever consider it.
                              Sig Size Restriction, see rules.

Comment

I've always liked Chad, but im starting to lose respect for the guy after he is going on a media tour trying to cut all ties with Cinn. I find it hard he can't go quietly to the front office say trade me or im sitting out, without going to various media outlets to continue to pronounce what we already know.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information