Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson
    I assumed anyone who read that would know I was talking about a 1st rd pick along with them...But it doesnt matter, I'm pretty sure we wont be in the market for him which is fine by me, his contract is too huge for us considering there are still guys who need to be resigned.



    Who was just trying to tell me there was no chance in hell Chad gets traded, I think like last week? Still feel the same way?


    After Chad's comments though, i cant see any scenario where he can play for Cincy, he basically blasted Carson, Marvin, basically everyone in the organization except for TJ(who I never hear talk and would love to hear his perspective on this)...Cincy is just going to have to take the cap hit and get what they can...But their WR core would be depleted after this.
    Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 04-17-2008, 01:23 AM.





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Geo View Post
      What's with the one-sided stuff?

      2007 Chad Johnson
      160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
      1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
      74 receptions for first down

      2007 TJ Housh
      168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
      1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
      70 receptions for first down

      Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.
      It's not that Johnson racks up yardage. It's how he does it. Explosive plays (of 20+ yards) are a defensive coaches worst nightmare. They are what every team wants to have in their offense.

      And Chad has always brought an explosive element to the game and that is where his value is.

      Whether one is better or not. I don't think one can argue either way bc they are both damn good. HOWEVER, it is hard to find vertical threats like CJ and they are more valuable on the market. It's kind of like passrushering ends on defense, yah it's great to have a DE that can do a little bit of both, but the better pass rusher is going to garner a bigger contract.

      Comment


      • #78
        Get yo popcorn ready! :D

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Get yo popcorn ready! :D
          Oh my god...lol. Now that's a sig...haha. I think you're dreaming if you think Chad will ever be a Cowboy but, that is a quality sig.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Get yo popcorn ready! :D
            ahahah... what a sig!


            In Bob We Trust

            John Madden's wedding video business

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Geo View Post
              What's with the one-sided stuff?

              2007 Chad Johnson
              160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
              1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
              74 receptions for first down

              2007 TJ Housh
              168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
              1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
              70 receptions for first down

              Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.
              I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

              And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

              For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

              I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by farfromforgotten View Post
                I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

                And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

                For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

                I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...

                I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by 44stick View Post
                  I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.
                  You got me. TJ did have a good 2006 season as well. Sorry about that.

                  For the rest of your post...alright, same thing everyone else has said. I must be wrong. If CJ doesnt make those amazing plays earlier in the game wouldnt that mean that the Bengals wouldnt even be involved in games that go down to the wire for TJ to save the day? Both are great WRs. Both have a certain role with the team. CJ catches just as many balls for more yardage. TJ is the more physical presence in the red zone and hauls in a few more TDs. We have proof of seasons when CJ was putting up numbers without TJ on the other side, who was playing opposite CJ those years? If the Bengals lose CJ teams will not fear the deep routes anymore and will smother TJ. You dont even have Henry anymore to catch an occasional deep pass. Which brings up something else I dont understand. It seems like most of you consider CJ to just be a "big play WR" when I think of that kind of WR I think of Alvin Harper or Bernard Berrian to be more current. Guys that might catch 60 balls a year for big yardage. CJ averages 90+ catches a year for the past 5 years. Which is better than or can be compared to Moss, Owens, Holt, Harrison, etc... Yet none of those guys get mentioned as just "big play WRs". This would be similar to New England fans saying "we can afford to lose Moss, we have Wes Welker, he is the most important WR on this team because he catches the most important balls." Am I way off basis here? I'm not trying to be a smart ***.

                  Someone else had mentioned that the Bengals should trade CJ to get defensive help, think I saw it on ESPN earlier. That leaves them with Carson, Rudi and TJ on offense? I would be worried if I were a Bengals fan. I'm not sure what will happen at this point. Guess only time will tell.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    bengals fans:

                    do you guys think that IF the bengals went looking for trades that they would prefer looking at early picks like a second rounder or something more like a player and a mid rounder. i wouldnt be surprised to see the skins offering both. my best guess is that they offer their second rounder and maybe a conditional pick in 09 as well as offering a combo of a mid rounder with guys like marcus washington or cornelius griffin.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Chad is a great reciever and he doesnt really need to put up big numbers to make an impact. He consistantly has to be double teamed and that is the reason that Housh has been getting some good passes. housh is a good receiever but i dont think he'd be as good without Chad.

                        I just hope Chad goes to a team that could actually use him. I love seeing this type of stuff happen in the offseason as it makes for an intersting year ahead. Hope Cincy gets more for him than the Raiders got for Moss though.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                          punk. i hope Palmer whips his ass if he decides to show up to any offseason stuff. Maybe that would shut him up.
                          Palmer couldn't whip anyone's ass

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.
                            after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?
                              I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.
                                If Im the Eagles, I would want to keep Lito.

                                The way the game is nowadays, having 3 very good CBs is such a priceless tool to have. The Eagles have that. Plus, they can always move Brown to safety.

                                The teams in the division will all be using a lot of 3 WR looks. Combating that with the trio of Samuel, Brown and Lito is something the Eagles should definitely keep around.

                                I personally felt they shouldve went after Donte Stallworth again. He was electric for them when he was on the field.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information