• Show
Clear All

• princefielder28
    started a topic Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

• DiG
    replied
    id do it. whatever it takes to get chad.

Leave a comment:

• DI
    replied
    I find it hard to believe that with everything that has been going on with Chad and the Bengals and a team would come and offer this years 1st along with a 3rd next year that could turn into a 1st if incentives are hit that, though the cap hit, the Bengals wouldn't pull the trigger. Take the hit. Make the trade. You're team will be better off from it.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaFootball
    replied
    That was a close one, why can't the redskins just hold a draft pick?

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by broth223 View Post
    Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.
    The best avenue is the Bengals and Johnson/Rosenhaus and agreeing to a restructuring of the contract, so that the Bengals can trade him, and then that restructuring won't matter anyways as Johnson/Rosenhaus will sign a new, big deal with the Redskins. If Chad wants out, give up the guaranteed money from Cincy and cash in in Washington. Get it done.

Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
    It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down
    Seriously, I would take that deal.

Leave a comment:

• Brothgar
    replied
    Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.

Leave a comment:

• CT Bronco Fan
    replied
    It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
    On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.
    Wow 2 1st?? I hope we didnt offer that much, that's a pretty damn good offer.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyGopher
    replied
    On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.

Leave a comment:

• buckeyes4ever
    replied
    You cant say that he wont be productive. One thing i give him props for is that even when hes unhappy he gives his all

Leave a comment:

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    Just Trade this man...he won't be productive if he stays and he wil be a hassle.

You haven't won anything with him.

What am I saying....keep him....I'm as steeler fan so what why would I want the Bengals to do anything smart or productive.

But i wasn't taking into effect the cap hit so I guess your better off keeping him

Leave a comment:

• buckeyes4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    what would oakland give the Bengals?
    A fourth round pick?

Leave a comment:

• Bengalsrocket
    replied
    Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
    Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.
    Not going to try and start an argument, but TJ can make big plays (he proved that this year) and you have no idea how he will handle #1 CBs until he goes up against them more consistently.

Like I said earlier, I too think Chad is the better receiver. But you're acting like TJ is not valuable at all. He's in the top 5 #2's of this league (I'm thinking maybe Wes Welker / Santonio Holmes / Anquan Boldin / Reggie Wayne are all either equal or better, and thats not in a particular order btw).

Leave a comment:

• BengalsPwn
    replied
    Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• Bengalsrocket
    replied
    Originally posted by BengalsPwn View Post
    Why must people really say TJ is better. Although I think I might burn my CJ jersey he is still far and away a better receiver than TJ. Without CJ this year I doubt TJ has more then 70 receptions. He just isn't a #1 receiver and any type of double team would completely negate him. It just saddens me when I think about a young CJ and how he would always say he would take the bengals to the top and be a part of the resurrection back to winning. He does make a point though, I mean it's not like the bengals didn't go to the playoffs, then next season blow it on the final 2 games of the year to miss the playoffs, then come back this season and suck worst then that. Marvin should be the one out not CJ.
    I agree CJ > TJ. However, TJ would not be a terrible number 1. Hines Ward plays similarly to TJ, they just balanced the team by adding S. Holmes as a deep threat.

People need to realize great speed isn't what makes a number 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information