No announcement yet.

Major Announcement regarding NFL in Los Angeles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be weird if the Vikes, Chargers or Saints were to move to LA. I'm so used to those teams being associated with those towns. At least with the Jags they were a recent addition to the league and not an AFL or original NFL team. Granted, the Chargers used to be in LA when they were first founded. The Saints almost moved to San Antonio... Vikes were another pre-merger NFL team. Just weird to think about. I wonder if they would change their logo/team name?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I really don't think the Jags would move to LA....they would almost have to realign the divisions for that to happen...

Comment

Actually they could just make the Jags an AFC West team and move KC to the AFC South, or the Jags an NFC West team and the Rams in the AFC South. They'd be breaking some pretty significant rivalries though (more so with the former, AFCW is just too historical to do that to).

And I guess the net isn't a very accurate tool to research city populations because the only sources I can find suggest Jax has considerably more people than any other Florida city.

Comment

They should move the Rams back to LA since no one in St. Louis gives a donkeys boner about them.

Comment

Inglewood or Carson would be great, that's the two closet to me

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
              They should move the Rams back to LA since no one in St. Louis gives a donkeys boner about them.
              From a divisional standpoint, that definitely makes sense. I.e. they could stay in the NFC West.

Comment

That stadium is kick ass. I can easily see an owner relocating a team there to take advantage of that stadium. Looks like a great spot for a superbowl.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  Why are the Jaguars labeled "small market" exactly? Isn't Jacksonville the highest population city in Florida, by almost double?

I know there were already 2 NFL teams down there, but I'm not sure I'd call it a "small market".
                  Andy from Muncie, IN: I keep hearing about small-market teams in the NFL. Seattle keeps getting this name as well as the Jaguars. I understand Jacksonville isn't a Chicago or New York, but is it always city size that determines this? Would you consider Green Bay a small-market team despite historical success?

Vic: Market size is determined solely by the market's population, as it pertains to TV households. Jacksonville is 52nd in the country in market size. Harrisburg, Pa., and Birmingham, Ala., are each significantly larger in market size. What else are we going to call Jacksonville? Small now but soon to become large? OK, I'll buy that. There's no disgrace, however, in being a small market. Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh are considered to be small markets but the Steelers-Bengals and Steelers-Colts games were the highest-rated games of their respective playoff weekends. That means games involving three small-market teams got higher TV ratings than games involving teams from New York, Chicago, Washington, Boston, Denver and Tampa. A lack of market size can be overcome by the size of a team's fan base. That's how the Packers do it. The Steelers have a huge fan base and Pittsburgh offers a large corporate community to drive sponsorship sales for the Steelers. Those are the two main features of a big market: huge fan base and a large corporate community. If you have those two ingredients, you're big, regardless of the population of your market.

from Jaguars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    That stadium is kick ass. I can easily see an owner relocating a team there to take advantage of that stadium. Looks like a great spot for a superbowl.
                    Now for my crazy idea of the day:

Maybe they should play all the superbowls, BCS national championships, I-AA champs, D2, D3 Champs, one other bowl game, one raiders game, one chargers game, and one niners game there each year. And maybe the california state championship. Thats like 8 games and they could do concerts and other stuff their too make money

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      Now for my crazy idea of the day:

Maybe they should play all the superbowls, BCS national championships, I-AA champs, D2, D3 Champs, one other bowl game, one raiders game, one chargers game, and one niners game there each year. And maybe the california state championship. Thats like 8 games and they could do concerts and other stuff their too make money
                      That is indeed very crazy. Insane actually.

There would be no possible way in the world that Owners would allow that.

They'd be giving up WAAY too much money by not having the chance to host
                      the Superbowl in their city. Not to mention all the money the cities' economy brings in thanks to the humongous party the superbowl is. Not to mention all the money companies bring in to the NCAA by sponsoring their 1000 bowl games.

It would be California's dream cause the businesses there would absolutely rape the money teet that the superbowl is, but i have a better chance of knocking up Scarlett Johansson and Adriana Lima in the same night than this does of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        Actually they could just make the Jags an AFC West team and move KC to the AFC South, or the Jags an NFC West team and the Rams in the AFC South. They'd be breaking some pretty significant rivalries though (more so with the former, AFCW is just too historical to do that to).

And I guess the net isn't a very accurate tool to research city populations because the only sources I can find suggest Jax has considerably more people than any other Florida city.
                        Methinks what JagHombre is refering to is the metro area for each city and you're finding the statistics for the city itself.

Usually when the population is tallied for Tampa, the city, it is only counting the downtown area and right around Ray Jay Stadium, which has a population of just over 300,000 people. However, the actual Tampa Bay Metro Area is made up of Tampa / St. Pete / Clearwater areas, which takes the population total to over 3 million people.

It works the same way for Miami. I don't know of the top of my head exactly what comprises the Miami-Dade Metro area, but the population is larger than the Tampa Bay area.

Jacksonville is the most populated city by itself in Florida and in the top 5 on the east coast, but the Jacksonville Metro area population is like half the size of the Tampa Bay area.

Comment

Originally posted by bofadabizzles View Post
                          Methinks what JagHombre is refering to is the metro area for each city and you're finding the statistics for the city itself.

Usually when the population is tallied for Tampa, the city, it is only counting the downtown area and right around Ray Jay Stadium, which has a population of just over 300,000 people. However, the actual Tampa Bay Metro Area is made up of Tampa / St. Pete / Clearwater areas, which takes the population total to over 3 million people.

It works the same way for Miami. I don't know of the top of my head exactly what comprises the Miami-Dade Metro area, but the population is larger than the Tampa Bay area.

Jacksonville is the most populated city by itself in Florida and in the top 5 on the east coast, but the Jacksonville Metro area population is like half the size of the Tampa Bay area.
                          precisely....but I'll refer to stoner's post earlier on this page...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            precisely....but I'll refer to stoner's post earlier on this page...
                            Yeah... I saw that right after I posted mine. Go Bucs!

Comment

The ball is rolling. The stadium is going into downtown LA.

With the naming rights done, the private group planning the stadium got their first batch of major funding (overall, it's a 30 year deal worth $600 million - the most for naming rights ever.

They're planning on starting as soon as the new CBA is finished.

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangele...ers-field.html

Comment

Yeah, $350mm of that funding is an LA municipal bond. Given the fact that California's state bonds are graded as high risk junk, I am not certain that LA will be able to underwrite this bond. The bond market is choked already with a lot of municipal crap. $350mm more is a lot, and I doubt there will be much of an appetite for it. Given that, I'm not sure that this stadium will necessarily get built with public money.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information