No announcement yet.

Steve McNair retires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be interesting to see in the coming years whether it was Billick screwing up QBs or the front office making bad decisions.

Maybe they'll draft Ainge in the first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

I really see them trying to get QB Matt Ryan now. Unless they feel Troy Smith who is 5-11 to be their QB of the future. If not Ryan, they will most definately go for a Joe Flacco or Brian Brohm in the 2nd.
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

they should take DRC with the 8, and Flacco in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
          Wow. This should be interesting. Will it be Kyle Boller, a rookie or maybe Troy Smith starting next year for them?

Good decision by Steve though. He was going downhill, so he's leaving while he is still remembered as a good player.
          He'll be remembered as a pathetic football player as long as Im around!
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

yea he was horrible this last season and the last couple of games in his 1st season in Bmore. As long as we dont go QB round 1 I am fine. I want Flacco in round 2

Comment

hHs should if retired a couple years ago.
              Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

He knew it was time to retire, good move.

Comment

if they dont start troy they better send him somewhere that he can start.

Comment

oh yeah, if hes there, go ahead and book matt ryan to the ravens.

Comment

LOL wow...

Boller and Smith, man the Ravens are going to be hurting this year.

Comment

I think Troy Smith is going to be a really good QB. I might be in the minority, but I say throw him in there and see what he can do.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Troy could be good, but they'd have to commit to him for a year or so before he could start coming into his own. I don't think they'll give him that much time if they draft Matt Ryan. But I think Troy might actually end up being like Bulger or Delhomme or Anderson, Hasselbeck, etc. - he'll not start until some years later after being a career backup with no expectations and then turn into a quality starting QB.

I don't think it will happen, but Troy could beat out Boller for the starting job simply b/c the team doesn't believe in Boller and b/c Troy has such strong leadership skills the squad could rally behind him. But realistically Boller's experience over Troy's inexperience will get him the job for however brief a period until the young guys get their shots.
                          Last edited by keylime_5; 04-17-2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

one of the overlooked reasons on why i think ryan is going to be the pick is that theres a new coach in there and you can't tell me that any new coach wouldnt like to bring in "his guy" at QB.

boller has proven that hes not very good and troy hasnt proven much of anything yet. should they draft ryan and then troy does step it up, then they just have an anderson/quinn or brees/rivers scenario and what team wouldnt like that? to have 2 capable starting QBs isnt a bad thing.....backup and trade value are high

Comment

Was this really a surprise? It wasn't like he was going to start this year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I had an Air McNair jersey. Farewell to one of the toughest players I've ever seen.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information