No announcement yet.

Brian Urlacher mulling retirement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah freaking right, he's just pissed that they've never had an offense for him to support.

Comment

the two situations seem very different. In one way he's considering retirement, whereby he wouldn't recieve any more money. In another way he's basically demanding more money to continue playing. If he really is considering retirement due to neck and back problems then do we really think that he would come back just for more money? Id say that the problem can't be that serious then.

I see that someone said that he doesn't plan on retiring, but i thought that was interesting from the first article. History says that he will conitnue playing, and i never doubted it, but it will be interesting to see what comes of this situation. The Bears have all sorts of financial difficulties with players, and with the lousy offense and the history of good defense, add the fact he's the 'face of the franchise' then i'd say there will be a decent amount of pressure on mgmt.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

He's now denied he ever threatened to retire and says that there is already a 1-year extension offer on the table.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3353220

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
          the two situations seem very different. In one way he's considering retirement, whereby he wouldn't recieve any more money. In another way he's basically demanding more money to continue playing. If he really is considering retirement due to neck and back problems then do we really think that he would come back just for more money? Id say that the problem can't be that serious then.

I see that someone said that he doesn't plan on retiring, but i thought that was interesting from the first article. History says that he will conitnue playing, and i never doubted it, but it will be interesting to see what comes of this situation. The Bears have all sorts of financial difficulties with players, and with the lousy offense and the history of good defense, add the fact he's the 'face of the franchise' then i'd say there will be a decent amount of pressure on mgmt.
          I wouldnt say that we have financial difficulties, the Bears just dont pay big money for players. The cool thing about the FO on defense is that they have drafted backups over the years that can step in and play right away (Jamar Williams, Anderson, McBride ect). To bad they havent done that w/ the offense....:(

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Even if he has serious neck problem offer him enough money and he'll play.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
              He's now denied he ever threatened to retire and says that there is already a 1-year extension offer on the table.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3353220
              Wow... a one year suspension.... how generous.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                Yeah freaking right, he's just pissed that they've never had an offense for him to support.
                2006 called.
                The bears were in the top 10 offenses in the league.

this is ridiculous silly posturing by teams and players about the money.
                Last edited by awfullyquiet; 04-18-2008, 04:06 PM.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

He won't retire. He just really wants a new deal. And he deserves one, IMO.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

If this happened at all, it was probably posturing by Urlacher to squeeze money out of Chicago.

That said, why is the reaction to players asking for more payment for the sizeable risk of playing middle linebacker (or, really, any position) that their being greedy. If a player decides to retire before he turns 30 because he doesn't fancy hobbling around like an old man by the time he hits 45, is that really a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      2006 called.
                      The bears were in the top 10 offenses in the league.

this is ridiculous silly posturing by teams and players about the money.
                      Rex Grossman called. He said "Brian Urlacher would have a Super Bowl ring if I didn't eat so many paint chips."

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                        Well, I suppose it depends on what constitutes a retirement. Is a guy who gives up football because nobody will sign him retiring from football? If that's the case, I'd imagine that the number of players below 32 would be much, much higher than the number of players above 32.

Oh, I think it's time for Urlacher to hang them up. But, he should wait until the last possible moment so Chicago cannot possibly replace him.
                        Thanks for adding this I hate Chicago post.

Comment

he probably realizes that Cover 2 sucks, and rather retire than play in that scheme.

:p

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information