Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Urlacher mulling retirement?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulli...bear18.article

Suprised to see this hasn't been posted yet. It would be a big time blow to the Bears if decides to hang 'em up.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

I dont think he'll retire, but I think he'll just hold out

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Lance Briggs part deux?

Comment

he won't he isn't even that old
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

lol i was just about to post it actually.

so trade? retirement?

It would make sense if he's too hurt or if he doesn't want to risk injury concerns later on in his life

Comment

Originally posted by tjpackers View Post
            he won't he isn't even that old
            That's a pretty dumb thing to say.
            I mean really, age doesn't always dictate retirement genius.

Look at Dan Morgan, he might have to retire this year or next
            and he's like 28, 29 at the most.

Comment

Last year he was perfectly happy for Briggs to get a big contract, but now he's got one Urlacher wants more money. Seems kinda petty to me. And there's no way he's gonna retire, thats one way to guarantee not getting paid.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                gosh, nice job. it doesn't always... and you mention a SINGLE example.... then you call him dumb. that's fantastic.

i'd encourage you to find the number of players who've retired in the last year who were over the age of, say, 32. then find the number under that age. then compare. then ask yourself "who's really the genius? him, for suggesting that urlacher might fit into the vast majority of player retirements, or me, for calling him dumb because 0.003% of players retire due to reasons other than age and i thought i was like, the coolest guy ever for mentioning that like it had any bloody relevance whatso-*******-ever".
                I was referring to the fact that he said "he wont retire because he's not old",
                how is that not something stupid to say? He's in essence completely disregarding
                any type of injury or future injury concerns he might have, just because he's not old. That's a very stupid assumption to make, and that's why i said that. Me referencing Dan Morgan was just an example that one does not need to be old to retire, which Dan Morgan could very well do soon.

Comment

Well that would suck for Chi Town!
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

gosh, nice job. it doesn't always... and you mention a SINGLE example.... then you call him dumb. that's fantastic.

i'd encourage you to find the number of players who've retired in the last year who were over the age of, say, 32. then find the number under that age. then compare. then ask yourself "who's really the genius? him, for suggesting that urlacher might fit into the vast majority of player retirements, or me, for calling him dumb because 0.003% of players retire due to reasons other than age and i thought i was like, the coolest guy ever for mentioning that like it had any bloody relevance whatso-*******-ever".

Well, I suppose it depends on what constitutes a retirement. Is a guy who gives up football because nobody will sign him retiring from football? If that's the case, I'd imagine that the number of players below 32 would be much, much higher than the number of players above 32.

Oh, I think it's time for Urlacher to hang them up. But, he should wait until the last possible moment so Chicago cannot possibly replace him.

Comment

Id hate to see him retire, despite all the bad memories

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Brian Urlacher called a report in the Chicago Sun Times that he may be threatening to retire a "gossip column."

"I never said that I was going to quit," Urlacher claims. "Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media." Urlacher says the Bears are offering a one-year extension. They're right to hesitate considering his uneven play in 2007, offseason neck surgery, arthritic back, and age (30 in May).

Rotoworld

Comment

haha yea he really hates the media..

i think he just has to wait after the draft
                          With everything settling, the Bears will turn their attention towards Tommie, Hester and him. I dont think they would let him go

Comment

I heard he has real neck problems. (Can't find the source right now). That would defiantly be 2 more wins for the Leos if the leader and best player on that D hangs them up.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

It would be ashame if he really did have injuries that could cause him to retire. Now if he is just mad and wants money and out of Chicago then I will be more then happy :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information