X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
    "3. WR Steve Largent (Tulsa)
    Drafted by: Oilers, fourth round, No. 117 overall, 1976
    Dealt to the expansion Seahawks before the start of the 1976 season, the Hall of Famer made the most of his abilities and still ranks in the top 20 all time in receptions (819) and yards (13,089) and is one of only seven players in league history with at least 100 touchdown receptions."

The Oilers grabbed him in the 4th round...a huge steal....unfortunately for them they traded him to Seattle for an 8th round draft pick before the start of the regular season. IMO the most lopsided trade of all time.
    wait so they traded a 4th round draft pick, as a rookie, right out of training camp, for an 8th round draft pick? Thats sounds really stupid

Comment

some of those players i never realized were draft steals...

Comment

Curtis Martin deserves to be on there in my opinion.

Comment

Where was Jared Allen.He was a 4th round pick and look at the numbers he's put up so far

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            Where was Jared Allen.He was a 4th round pick and look at the numbers he's put up so far
            Give me a break. How many seasons has he played in the NFL again? I only saw a few players that were still active on that list and they have proven themselves a lot more then Jared Allen just by how many years they have put up consistent numbers.

Comment

Here's the pre-1967 list:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...-pre-1967.html

Starr was R17, Deacon Jones R14, Johnny U R9.
              The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

I guess Steve Smith as a third round Kick Returner now a top 5 receiver doesn't count in the top 50 but Ahman Green does?? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  Justin Tuck, Jerry Rice (although picked mid first), Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Tiki Barber, Marques Colston, Asante Samuel, Ahmad Bradshaw?

would be my picks
                  lol @ throwing Ahmad Bradshaw in with the likes of Rice/Montana/Brady/Barber.

Comment

It annoys me that the picture of Andre Reed is him in a Redskins uniform.... We drafted him and his prime was apart of the Bills

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      Aaron Kampman was a 5th round pick and has been around a little longer, so hes done more then Allen. He barely made the cut at 47 so Allen shouldnt be on there. If Donald Driver would have done more earlier in his career he could be on there as a 7th round pick.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I guess Steve Smith as a third round Kick Returner now a top 5 receiver doesn't count in the top 50 but Ahman Green does?? WTF?
                        What are you "WTF"ing about? Ahman Green has 8,700 yards and 56 TDs rushing as well as 2,800 yards and 14 TDs receiving.

Comment

Homerism Alert, I think they missed some noteables...

Rocky Bleier, Round 16
                          Mike Wagner, Round 11
                          Willie Parker?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                            What no Marino? Come on its a crime to this day that he fell to the bottom of the first round. For pete's sake Ken O'Brien was picked before him.........
                            dont you know according to some jet's fans down here o'brien was a better QB then danny lol

Comment

Am the only one who thinks that a draft steal should have to pan out for the team that takes him? I don't think Largent should be considered a steal because he was drafted by Oilers, Hasselbeck shouldn't be because he was drafted by the Packers, and Ahman Green because he was drafted by the Seahawks, for example. Shouldn't they just be considered good trades?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                What are you "WTF"ing about? Ahman Green has 8,700 yards and 56 TDs rushing as well as 2,800 yards and 14 TDs receiving.
                                Green has had a very good career but I still wouldn't consider him a "steal" for a high third round pick. He has certainly been a good value but I wouldn't consider him a steal. 3rd round picks are supposeds to be multiple year starters - which is what Green is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information