Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches on the hot seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Personally I wouldn't consider firing Lovie Smith after this season, winning record or not.
    I don't think he will be fired, just put on the hot seat. Similar to Mike Nolan who was put on the hot seat for this year.


    Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

    Comment


    • #17
      Even though it's his first year as a head coach Jim Zorn has a lot of pressure, because unless he performs well if a big name like Cower is willing to take the job next season, Zorn will be out of there. Could be another one and done in DC, but I'm hoping not.

      Sig By:The Dynasty

      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

      Comment


      • #18
        shanny...I love em, but we might need some new blood if we keep losing.

        Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
          shanny...I love em, but we might need some new blood if we keep losing.
          Shanny should be coach for life. He just needs to give up personnel duties.

          Comment


          • #20
            Herm Edwards could be, but I hope not. I really like him as a coach and he is building this team back up the right way.

            Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

            Comment


            • #21
              Not Del Rio! Haha... stability.

              Comment


              • #22
                Tom Coug... O wait, hmm sorry that's still a habit..

                Nolan, Lewis and Mangini from the top of my head.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                  I don't think he will be fired, just put on the hot seat. Similar to Mike Nolan who was put on the hot seat for this year.
                  Lovie will be able to scapegoat Ron Turner if the offense continues to suck this year. Rumor was he wanted to get rid of Turner but he would have to get rid of his BFF Babich too. If the defense takes a step back then he will probably take some heat. We're rebuilding so I don't think anyone in the organization is expecting an impressive record but all eyes will be on the offense this season.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    Herm Edwards could be, but I hope not. I really like him as a coach and he is building this team back up the right way.
                    How cute, your the first Chiefs fan I've seen that actually likes Herm and believes hes a good coach and want him to stay. How is he building that team up the right way??? Taking them from a playoff team right down to one of the worst teams in the NFL?? I predicted that the Chiefs would have a top 5 pick before this season because I knew they were going to crash with Herm. He isn't good, he is horrible with building teams, he doesn't realize you need a great OL to win. I bet you, you guys don't even take a OL first round. Even though the Chiefs have like the worst OL in the league.

                    Look what he did with the Jets, he took over a team that Parcells basically built, and he brought them down. The Jets were actually a team that had a good OL, and some good players and were pretty talented. He never fixed the OL and we had to go 3 years with a bad OL. Now finally our OL looks good on paper.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                      How cute, your the first Chiefs fan I've seen that actually likes Herm and believes hes a good coach and want him to stay. How is he building that team up the right way??? Taking them from a playoff team right down to one of the worst teams in the NFL?? I predicted that the Chiefs would have a top 5 pick before this season because I knew they were going to crash with Herm. He isn't good, he is horrible with building teams, he doesn't realize you need a great OL to win. I bet you, you guys don't even take a OL first round. Even though the Chiefs have like the worst OL in the league.

                      Look what he did with the Jets, he took over a team that Parcells basically built, and he brought them down. The Jets were actually a team that had a good OL, and some good players and were pretty talented. He never fixed the OL and we had to go 3 years with a bad OL. Now finally our OL looks good on paper.
                      I wouldn't blame Herm for the chiefs current misery. They got old on O and didn't have a D. He inherited a team on the brink of falling apart, now they've crashed and they have gotten younger which was the right move, give them time to rebuild the oline and let the croyle to Bowe connection develop.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Shanny should be coach for life. He just needs to give up personnel duties.
                        You hit the nail on the head. Shanahan the coach is very secure, Shanahan the GM is not. After canning Sundquist there really isn't anyone else to blame if the draft goes poorly.

                        If Shanahan somehow lost his power over personnel decisions, I suspect he'd leave Denver for greener pastures.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                          How cute, your the first Chiefs fan I've seen that actually likes Herm and believes hes a good coach and want him to stay. How is he building that team up the right way??? Taking them from a playoff team right down to one of the worst teams in the NFL?? I predicted that the Chiefs would have a top 5 pick before this season because I knew they were going to crash with Herm. He isn't good, he is horrible with building teams, he doesn't realize you need a great OL to win. I bet you, you guys don't even take a OL first round. Even though the Chiefs have like the worst OL in the league.

                          Look what he did with the Jets, he took over a team that Parcells basically built, and he brought them down. The Jets were actually a team that had a good OL, and some good players and were pretty talented. He never fixed the OL and we had to go 3 years with a bad OL. Now finally our OL looks good on paper.
                          Herm inherited a doomed team though - drafting an O-line in the first round will not determine if herm is good or not. Though he will need to strongly address the O-line issues and quickly, the 5th overall pick is not necessarily the spot to do it. Short of drafting Jake Long with that pick you're semi-reaching. If the trade with Jared Allen happens where they get a 1st round pick, hopefully they use that pick to draft an a tackle instead of the 5th overall pick.

                          Chiefs have a pretty terrible team right now, but herm is in a position where he can fill the holes quickly (and with the 08 draft). Now I'm not saying he's going to for sure do it this year, but I think he will.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Scott Linehan- After lacking a winning season altogether and the joke 2-14 year, he has to get the Rams to .500.
                            Mangini- The jets spent a huge chunk of change this FA season and I'd think they want to see a winning season.
                            Nolan- He's got to make something happen and now.
                            Kiffin- When you're a coach in Oakland, you have a permanent spot in the hotseat.
                            John Fox- He's had long enough to recover over the Super Bowl loss.

                            Coaches that could potentially be in the hotseat:
                            Herm Edwards- Clark Hunt does not want to see another 4-12 year.
                            Lovie Smith- He has to get his QB situation sorted out.
                            Mike Shanahan- He's an icon in Denver, but Denver will be restless if he fails to make the postseason for a 3rd year in a row.
                            Brad Childress- Will have to get results out of his team this year.
                            Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                              Herm inherited a doomed team though - drafting an O-line in the first round will not determine if herm is good or not. Though he will need to strongly address the O-line issues and quickly, the 5th overall pick is not necessarily the spot to do it. Short of drafting Jake Long with that pick you're semi-reaching. If the trade with Jared Allen happens where they get a 1st round pick, hopefully they use that pick to draft an a tackle instead of the 5th overall pick.

                              Chiefs have a pretty terrible team right now, but herm is in a position where he can fill the holes quickly (and with the 08 draft). Now I'm not saying he's going to for sure do it this year, but I think he will.
                              I'm just saying, being a Jets fan I think Herm is horrible, he did bad with us. Sure he got us to the playoffs a few times, and hes a good guy, but as a HC he stinks. He gets outcoached most of the time, and likes to throw all of the blame on asst coaches, like his OC and DC. Horrible clock management skills, not that good at developing talent. Just really isn't anything special. He only got us to the playoffs because of the team he got was strong on the OL and had Chad Pennington who use to be good enough to make the playoffs, also had Curtis Martin, and a lot of studs on defense.
                              Also as a Jets fan I think Mangini is not on the hot seat yet. Most Jets fans love him, we beleive that he didn't get outcoached, that he had a lack of talent really. Our GM is to blame kinda, they R both young though, they thought we were more talented then we actually were. But the scheme and gameplan wasn't to blame, maybe offensively sometimes the playcalling was bad, but Schottenheimer is young too.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
                                Scott Linehan- After lacking a winning season altogether and the joke 2-14 year, he has to get the Rams to .500.
                                HEY!!!!! THEY WERE 3-13 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!

                                I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information