• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Williams bidding war?

http://gcobb.com/content/view/1371/46/

Quick - News Coming On Roy Williams
    Written by Garry Cobb

Mike Quick who is the analyst for the Eagles games with Merrill Reese says there will be news about Roy Williams before the week is out.

Mike Quick says he thinks the Birds are going to make a major move at the wide receiver position. He talked about Roy Williams and the potential that the Eagles will make a deal to acquire a wide receiver. He says there will be news on Roy Williams before the week is out.

That means the Cowboys, Redskins or the Eagles will probably wind up with the receiver before the week is out.

Mike just finished doing a live interview in a webcast with G. Cobb and Steve Martorano from Infiniti of Westchester and he says the Birds will try to do something this week. They're in a bidding a war right now.,

When asked about the Birds fear of being upstaged by the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers, Mike said he believes the Eagles are going to do something this weekend to take back all the attention.
    Take it for what it is worth. PFT says this site has nailed some Eagles stories this offseason, I wouldn't know.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Trade the one draft pick that has worked out so Millen can get more picks and blow those? I like it.

Comment

I would give up the #22 pick for Roy in a heart beat.

Comment

bad move matt millen...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Interesting that a bidding war among three NFC East teams could start. I would still welcome a Lito + decent pick for Roy.

Comment

Not gonna happen...same crap happens the week before the draft every year.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              Who are you telling?!?! If Det doesn't mind parting with him, he will be a Cowboy, thats all it is to it...I could easily see us getting in a bidding war, he's the veteran WR we are looking for, from Texas, not as outspoken as Chad and younger...Hell they can have 22 and some players, but I dont think we would hesitate.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Although I gotta admit...

When asked about the Birds fear of being upstaged by the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers, Mike said he believes the Eagles are going to do something this weekend to take back all the attention.
                Thats a crappy reason, I hope thats not the best they've got though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  22, the Skins will give 21, lol. I really do hope though it is a good pick for sentimental value, having our first pick since the death of Sean and it being the 21st pick, I know just coincedental but still, there is a whole string of these 21 occurances last season after his death, can't remember any of them if I do i'd post the link, but the one I do remember is to lock up the playoffs ST's dad visited the Skins for the first time since his death and we won by like 21 points or something. Having the 21st pick imagine if we took Kenny Phillips the pressure that would be on him. 21st pick, replacing Sean's spot, high rated safety from the U, etc...

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I find this a pretty interesting battle considering all the teams are in the same division and their draft postions are all realtively close (19,21,22).

For the Lions sake they better hope they get some proven players out of it because Millen will just throw away any of the picks.

Comment

For some reason i cant see him in Dallas or Washington, but i could see him in Philly...

Comment

i wouldnt mind buffalo giving the 11th pick for Roy Williams

Comment

I don't really want to trade him. But if you somehow drive the cost through the roof....

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                            This is more what we are talking about.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                              Now this I would do.

Imaging if the Lions got Derrick Harvey and Jeff Otah/Chris Williams at 11 and 15.

OMG!
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information