Redskins offer on Chad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
    Come on Millen... swoop in on this! Get use 2 1sts!
    Chad is a better fit than Roy for Zorn's offense, IMO. Now, Roy is so talented, it doesn't make a difference, but in terms of fit, Chad is better, and I'm not sure the Redskins fork out 2 1sts for Roy. Just a hunch there

Comment

they should do this. if not they are crazy.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        Chad is a better fit than Roy for Zorn's offense, IMO. Now, Roy is so talented, it doesn't make a difference, but in terms of fit, Chad is better, and I'm not sure the Redskins fork out 2 1sts for Roy. Just a hunch there
        id take Roy over Chad. Younger, can be just as talented (Roy would have incredible numbers with Palmer at qb instead of Harrington/Kitna), and no drama.

Comment

Why don't the Lions and Bengals trade Roy for Chad straight up?

I just thought of that now, that would be an interesting proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            id take Roy over Chad. Younger, can be just as talented (Roy would have incredible numbers with Palmer at qb instead of Harrington/Kitna), and no drama.
            Williams does have a history of injuries though.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Why aren't the Titans big players in either Roy Williams or Chad Johnson? They both address the biggest need that we have and would give Vince a go to option at every time. Come on GM, we need to make some serious moves!

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Williams does have a history of injuries though.
                Thats true. Didn't think of that. Player for player though, who would you choose?

Comment

Roy Williams, absolutely.

Although I'd take Anquan Boldin over both. I love Q, one of my fave players in the league.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Thats tough, Boldin or Williams? Both are great taking punishment in the middle, but Williams can stretch you out more.

Id lean towards Williams honestly. He's more complete than Boldin is. Although I love Boldin.

Comment

Thats true. Didn't think of that. Player for player though, who would you choose?
                      They both have a bit of an ego problem...

It's tough. I would probably lean Roy because of the age factor.

Let's look at the #'s

Chad Johnson

YPC : 15.0

TD : 8

100+ yard games : 5

First Downs : 74

Let's compare that to Roy's last full season...

YPC : 16.0

TD : 7

100+ yard games : 6

First Downs : 66

Now at first glance, we see that the numbers are pretty even, and both teams threw the ball a lot (596 times for Detroit, 575 times for Cincinatti)

In the end, I take Roy because of his age... they are similarly productive receivers when healthy.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Thats tough, Boldin or Williams? Both are great taking punishment in the middle, but Williams can stretch you out more.

Id lean towards Williams honestly. He's more complete than Boldin is. Although I love Boldin.

I'd go with Boldin over Williams.

Comment

Why don't the Lions and Bengals trade Roy for Chad straight up?

I just thought of that now, that would be an interesting proposal.
                          Do you think Chad Johnson would be happy on the Lions???

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

when he's healthy he's pretty damn good, ill give him that. When he had TO or Stallworth, or anything remotely acceptable at WR he looked like a stud.

Yes, our secondary is iffy right now. Thats why im hoping we bulk it up more this offseason. A CB and a safety would be nice.

I personally feel we're a CB and a safety away from having an elite defense.
                            At least Aaron Ross is a beast. Ass.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'd just take Roy because of age, its literally a wash, I made a thread on these 2 awhile back and it was dead even..Similiar styles, running with the ball after the catch is a wash, I just view Roy as more of a deep ball threat, who is a tad younger, either way those 2 are the targets for Dallas and I would welcome both with a 1st and a player, just seems like both teams aren't budging...I haven't even heard anything out of Arizona suggesting they would trade him, but I will be holding onto that glimmer of hope draft day.

Although I agree with your pass rush theory, you guys shut down our passing game in the playoffs when our WR's had a better matchup with Ross being banged up, which is why I want a huge NT like Red Bryant, and another Safety who can make plays with the ball in the air...We get Bryant up front, Burnett can start in base packages and we have alot more speed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                                They both have a bit of an ego problem...

It's tough. I would probably lean Roy because of the age factor.

Let's look at the #'s

Chad Johnson

YPC : 15.0

TD : 8

100+ yard games : 5

First Downs : 74

Let's compare that to Roy's last full season...

YPC : 16.0

TD : 7

100+ yard games : 6

First Downs : 66

Now at first glance, we see that the numbers are pretty even, and both teams threw the ball a lot (596 times for Detroit, 575 times for Cincinatti)

In the end, I take Roy because of his age... they are similarly productive receivers when healthy.
                                Key word full. Also, Chad is more marketable than Roy, he'll sell a ton more shirts.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information