X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
    That's the truth.
    As that's all i speak.

If Brett Favre was still in the league (thank god he isn't)
    i'd put him on the Madden cover every year.

Comment

I remember back when Alexander was in rumors to be traded to Jax...man am I glad we didn't do that deal....

Comment

Sadly, this happens way too much to NFL RB's.

Even more sad is that i see Larry Johnson going the exact same direction

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Even more sad is that i see Larry Johnson going the exact same direction
          Going? He's gone man.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
          The Destroyer Is Manifest!
          I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

From NFL.com:
            Former NFL MVP Shaun Alexander has been released by Seattle, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Denver: Taking a first round RB since 1999

cousins of Carolina: Taking a first round TE since 2000

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                Going? He's gone man.
                Yeah, it would be hard to disagree to that.

Strange thing is, that last year before the season ended, there was this guy that went on ESPNews that had some sick stats on RB's.

He was basically saying that any RB that had over 350 carries or something
                like that in a season, almost always got hurt for a lengthy amount of time the next. He had different length injuries for different amounts of carries, and it was scary that LJ led the league that year and was hurt for most of it this past one.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                  He fell so far, so fast it's incredible. Sad, really.
                  You just sounded like a VH1: Behind The Music special.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Yeah, it would be hard to disagree to that.

Strange thing is, that last year before the season ended, there was this guy that went on ESPNews that had some sick stats on RB's.

He was basically saying that any RB that had over 350 carries or something
                    like that in a season, almost always got hurt for a lengthy amount of time the next. He had different length injuries for different amounts of carries, and it was scary that LJ led the league that year and was hurt for most of it this past one.
                    That guy was Aaron Schatz, and it's 370 carries. He has a very good website that does heavy analysis on the NFL.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                      That guy was Aaron Schatz, and it's 370 carries. He has a very good website that does heavy analysis on the NFL.
                      Well there ya go, at least i'm not crazy.

Dude was a monster for about two years, and that's all he's gonna be good for?
                      That's crazy, and Herman Edwards needs to really look at that instead of being the hard-nosed old school guy he is. The game has evolved and players can't take those types of beatings anymore.

Adaptation is key, and coaches like that sometimes learn the hard way.

Comment

Well there ya go, at least i'm not crazy.

Dude was a monster for about two years, and that's all he's gonna be good for?
                        That's crazy, and Herman Edwards needs to really look at that instead of being the hard-nosed old school guy he is. The game has evolved and players can't take those types of beatings anymore.

Adaptation is key, and coaches like that sometimes learn the hard way.
                        Players never were able to take those kinds of beatings. Prior to 1979, there were 8 seasons where a running back had more than 300 carries. Since 1979, there have been 180. And people wonder why the shelf life of a running back has gotten drastically shorter.

Comment

That's what I'm talking about, Willie Parker and Shaun Alexander in the same backfield! Broken legged running backs galore! Shaun finally gets his superbowl ring and we can pass on run dmc in the first

Comment

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...exander22.html

another source just for the hell of it....

i personally dont think alexander gets anything more than the vet. minimum anyhwere else....hes been just "a guy" the past 2 years and shown nothing of what got him paid

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

i personally dont think alexander gets anything more than the vet. minimum anyhwere else....hes been just "a guy" the past 2 years and shown nothing of what got him paid
                              Well get ready for S.A v.2 with Larry Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post

He's shown some flashes. He had that 200 yard game against the Packers when he came back from the broken foot. He played adequately last season before he broke his hand. The idea of having a running back try to play with a cast is idiotic.

He's not going to come anywhere near his MVP level, But I think he'd be an adequate payer if he doesn't break anything else. There's several teams that he'd be an improvement for.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information