Jared Allen traded to the Vikings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
    And Bears fans said that about Lance Briggs, but, he would not sign unless it would not happen again - as did Asante ---That is precedent and precedent is a very relevent factor in contracts if you havnt noticed. So what is so hard to make sense out it?

Just like the Bears and 49ers had a deal to get the 12th or so pick last year but it fell through, but instead due to Lance only signing his tender if he would not be tagged again meant they would have got nothing had another team been interested in signing him in free agency.

With the relationship between Allen and Peterson being anything but tight-nit it wouldnt be a suprise to see the same situation.

So that is an example of what i said - i hope you were able to 'make sense' out of it.
    Allen does not get paid though if he doesn't play and his career so far has been under a 4th round deal. He has no leverage not to sign the deal because KC is not harboring Super Bowl dreams this season. If he wants to sit I'm sure Peterson will wish him well. Kansas City holds all of the leverage in this situation and for all of Peterson's faults he is a pretty good at negotiating on the trade front. I'm not sure why Minnesota is so heistant to give up a 1st and 2nd for the guy, he's a complete monster and will overnight change the face of the Minnesota (or whatever team)defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhilb View Post
      Allen does not get paid though if he doesn't play and his career so far has been under a 4th round deal. He has no leverage not to sign the deal because KC is not harboring Super Bowl dreams this season. If he wants to sit I'm sure Peterson will wish him well. Kansas City holds all of the leverage in this situation and for all of Peterson's faults he is a pretty good at negotiating on the trade front. I'm not sure why Minnesota is so heistant to give up a 1st and 2nd for the guy, he's a complete monster and will overnight change the face of the Minnesota (or whatever team)defense.
      Agree, and it's silly to think Minnesota is the only team interested in JA. Allen is coming off an elite season and is in the prime of his career - any team would love to have him, but will have to weigh if the risk that comes with him is too high.

I don't think KC needs to rush at all to get this deal done, and it looks like this will be a draft day deal as one team finally is willing to give what it takes to acquire one of the best defensive game changers in the league.

Finally, say what you want about Carl Peterson, but the guy is an SOB at the negotiation table. The Trent Green situation dragged on for months just because Carl would not budge off his demand of a 5th round draft choice. He's not going to bend in this situation if he really believes JA is worth a 1st and a 2nd.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ose-to-a-deal/

Its progress.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=115158&spln=1

6 years 50 to 60 million with 25 million guaranteed.
          If it's true it's not that close to what the rumored contract offer was.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
            http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=115158&spln=1

6 years 50 to 60 million with 25 million guaranteed.
            If it's true it's not that close to what the rumored contract offer was.
            if those are the numbers Clark should match that.the numbers are near as crazy as was being reported

Comment

• i thoguht i saw 6, 72, 32 somewhere
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                i thoguht i saw 6, 72, 32 somewhere
                That's very close to what Freeney got.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
                  And Bears fans said that about Lance Briggs, but, he would not sign unless it would not happen again - as did Asante ---That is precedent and precedent is a very relevent factor in contracts if you havnt noticed. So what is so hard to make sense out it?

Just like the Bears and 49ers had a deal to get the 12th or so pick last year but it fell through, but instead due to Lance only signing his tender if he would not be tagged again meant they would have got nothing had another team been interested in signing him in free agency.
                  The Bears and Patriots made that provision because both teams felt like those players were essentially at their chances of winning a Superbowl (worked out great for the Bears). They needed those players. The Chiefs don't need Allen, they are going to suck either way. The Chiefs didn't tag Allen because they felt like they could be a winning team with him, they tagged him because he was too valuable to let go for nothing, which is why they can hold those cards for as long as they want.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=...%2f748330.html

According to scouts.com the Vikings increased their offer to 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd in 09.

Comment

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=...%2f748330.html

According to scouts.com the Vikings increased their offer to 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd in 09.
                      Glad to see that, but I still don't think it means anything.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=...%2f748330.html

If this is true the deal should be done now. That works out to a 1st and 2nd this year as far as value goes. It is a lot to give up but this is for one of the premier defensive players in the league so I hopt this is true.

Comment

• I wonder if it is their first or second 3rd round pick.

Hopefully this deal will get done soon.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• if it's the 1st 3rd that'd be better

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              If this is true the deal should be done now. That works out to a 1st and 2nd this year as far as value goes. It is a lot to give up but this is for one of the premier defensive players in the league so I hopt this is true.
                              It is a lot, and I see it as giving up 3 players not the equivalent of a 1 and 2. However we do have 9 picks this year, 7 if this trade goes through and Allen is the type of player our defense needs. I feel better that the picks are spread out a little bit and not all 3 picks this year.

Comment

• I just saw a rumor of the Vikes offering a contract. 6 years, 20 mil guaranteed or something like that. I'll have to find an article.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information