No announcement yet.

Jared Allen traded to the Vikings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we might end up with the 28th pick next year. Which would also mean a late late second round pick as well, which would be really bad value for a player like Jared Allen.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I hate Carl Peterson.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Micheal Smith on ESPN Special right now said that he thinks that the Chiefs will get the 17th pick in this draft and something else for Allen from the Vikings.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

If it's anything but first and second this year, we got screwed hard.

Comment

adrian Peterson, 1st rounder, EJ Henderson for Jared Allen :)
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

17th overall pick and Bryant McKinnie!

Comment

I'd have to think that, at the very minimum, it would at least involve the first this year for the Vikings. I can't see the Chiefs agreeing to a deal without getting a first this year. I mean, I'd imagine a team like Jacksonville would be willing to ship their first rounder (and more).

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
                That is certainly a possibility, but I think the odds are in KC's favor that at least one of the top five is there at 17.

If not, then you take BPA again at 17. KC needs help just about everywhere.
                Definately not in their favor, though still a possibility.

Long will go in the top 3.

The Pats and Ravens could both consider a lineman in the top 10. Let's say that either Albert or Clady go in the top 10. I think there is a good chance that one of them will.

Then there is the Broncos, Panthers, Bears, and Lions that would all strongly consider Williams, Otah, and Albert/Clady.

I'd say, at best, there is a 30-40% chance that one of those 5 drops through, and I'm not sure the Chiefs can risk that. Then again they are going to suck for the next year or two anyway, so BPA isn't a terrible idea.
                Last edited by bearsfan_51; 04-17-2008, 04:08 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                  skymaster!!

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    Add to that deal Randy's jersey from Vikings days.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                      17th overall pick and Bryant McKinnie!
                      I knew it wouldn't be long before his name was brought up but there is no way that would happen. That leaves us without a 1st round pick and a huge hole at LT(good ones aren't easy to find) and still a need at RT too.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

I'd say, at best, there is a 30-40% chance that one of those 5 drops through, and I'm not sure the Chiefs can risk that. Then again they are going to suck for the next year or two anyway, so BPA isn't a terrible idea.
                        It's impossible to know for sure when we can't see every team's draft board. That said, the Chiefs are horrible and have many needs. It's not like they are a playoff contender if Chris Williams is there at 17.

Grab top talent with the two 1st round picks and then hopefully get an elite player when we have a top three pick next year.

This is the best strategy - Allen is not willing to resign here and is one strike away from sitting out for an entire season. Sell high on him now.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                          I knew it wouldn't be long before his name was brought up but there is no way that would happen. That leaves us without a 1st round pick and a huge hole at LT(good ones aren't easy to find) and still a need at RT too.
                          Oh I know it'd never happen. Just wishful thinking.

Comment

Like the other Vikes fans, I think that this is a "must-do" situation and would be willing to overpay a bit to get him.... he'd change our defense big time from the moment he's in purple.
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I'll trust the front office, if they think they can't sign him, trade him...It would be great to have 5 or so draft picks in the first 3 rounds, esp. in this draft

Like it's been said, we will suck next year regardless, let's just really start rebuilding

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Please please please try to work this trade, Jags.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information