Jared Allen traded to the Vikings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
    Please please please try to work this trade, Jags.
    The problem for the Jags is positioning. Of course, I guess they could agree to fork over two firsts and sign him to a deal that the Chiefs won't match. Actually, that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
      I'll trust the front office, if they think they can't sign him, trade him...It would be great to have 5 or so draft picks in the first 3 rounds, esp. in this draft

Like it's been said, we will suck next year regardless, let's just really start rebuilding
      I wish Clark Hunt would step up and pay Jared what he deserves.Carl Peterson is the most incompetent GM in pro sports HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        I wish Clark Hunt would step up and pay Jared what he deserves.Carl Peterson is the most incompetent GM in pro sports HISTORY
        How's this scenario? We keep him, win 4 games next year, then he leaves for greener pastures, and we're screwed

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
        Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Actually ... thinking about it more ... why wouldn't these teams just sign him to an offer, an offer such that the Chiefs won't ponder matching, and give up two firsts instead. Well, maybe not for the Bucs, but for the Jags and Vikes, that actually makes a lot of sense, particularly the Jags.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
            How's this scenario? We keep him, win 4 games next year, then he leaves for greener pastures, and we're screwed
            because he is a guy to build the defense around plain and simple.you don't trade your best defensive player you pay him what he deserves

Comment

Go to Tampa Jared. We all know how the Vikings like their boat parties and drinking :D . The last thing you need is another DUI and be suspended a year.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

At this point, it might be too late. He doesn't have to sign anything if he doesn't want to.

I guess might as well get as much for him as we can. Carl Peterson is stupid. It didn't have to work out this way.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                  because he is a guy to build the defense around plain and simple.you don't trade your best defensive player you pay him what he deserves
                  Did you not understand what he just said? Allen doesn't want to sign a contract here, so he would be leaving in a year anyways. By trading him we're getting something back in return instead of holding our junk next offseason.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Actually, can anyone answer me this. Jared isn't an exclusive franchise, at least, I don't think he is. Wouldn't it make much more sense for the Vikings or Jaguars, if they have the cap room, which I'm not certain about, but there's always a way around thing, to sign him to a deal structured so that the Chiefs can't match or threaten to match such that they could force negotiations?

I mean, yes, this would suck for the Chiefs fans, but for the Jaguars, so they give up a late first this year, and likely, a mid-late first next year. Even for the Vikings, this might even be preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      Actually, can anyone answer me this. Jared isn't an exclusive franchise, at least, I don't think he is. Wouldn't it make much more sense for the Vikings or Jaguars, if they have the cap room, which I'm not certain about, but there's always a way around thing, to sign him to a deal structured so that the Chiefs can't match or threaten to match such that they could force negotiations?

I mean, yes, this would suck for the Chiefs fans, but for the Jaguars, so they give up a late first this year, and likely, a mid-late first next year. Even for the Vikings, this might even be preferable.
                      They could def. do it...But God, I hope not

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

They could do it, yeah. It would really be crappy if it happened.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
                          Did you not understand what he just said? Allen doesn't want to sign a contract here, so he would be leaving in a year anyways. By trading him we're getting something back in return instead of holding our junk next offseason.
                          He has said he loves KC his problem is with CP(as always is with Peterson the moron)this could have been prevented a year or two ago but Peterson sat on his butt and now look at where we are at

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post

They could certainly do that, but apparently that is a last case scenario to give up two 1sts.

Also, the NBC affiliate in KC just reported that Minny has an 8 year, $71 mill offer on the table to Allen.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Man I'm shaking. I'd be so physched if this happened.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

Smith reported that according to sources, the Vikings appear to be a front-runner because they have, and are willing to deal, Kansas City what it wants most -- draft choices.

Tampa Bay only has five picks in this year's draft and, according to sources, the Bucs are reluctant to include more than a first-round pick for Allen. The Bucs have offered their first-round pick and a fifth-round pick next year, and their proposed deal could also include defensive lineman Jovan Haye, Smith reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information