X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Allen traded to the Vikings

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460?MSNHPHMA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Carl you gots to go NOW

I know the Chiefs definitely need offensive line help, but could they possibly select an end in the draft now? Hm.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      I know the Chiefs definitely need offensive line help, but could they possibly select an end in the draft now? Hm.
      If this goes through, I'm sure they'll be looking for a tackle with the new 1st round pick and BPA with the #5 overall. Thus, Gholston or Long could be options if either falls.

It looks like KC is finally going to do a full rebuilding effort. Man, we are going to be BRUTAL to watch next year.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I think the Queens will do it. He'd make their defense damn good, I just hope they overspend for him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

trade talks that involve a defensive end and the skins are mentioned?!?! crazy talk. haha but seriously the chiefs cant be that stupid can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            trade talks that involve a defensive end and the skins are mentioned?!?! crazy talk. haha but seriously the chiefs cant be that stupid can they?
            If Carl Peterson is involved then yes they can be that stupid

Comment

Oh God this just made my day.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

so if they trade him for a draft pick....theyre still going to need a DE and will have to address it with a draft pick.

so why not just pay him his money? DEs of his caliber don't grow on trees.

Comment

Carl Peterson has made some STUPID decisions during his time as the Chiefs GM, but if we actually traded arguably our best player and cornerstone of our defense, it will take the f'ing cake.

I know we're in rebuilding mode, but our defense is finally starting to show promise, and Jared Allen is one of, if not THE, biggest reason for this change. He's young (26), very skilled at the DE position, and is going to play for at least 7 or 8 more years.

Trading him would be a very, very big mistake.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I wouldn't even hesitate giving a 1st/2nd or 1st/3rd for him.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really think this thread could be in the draft forum, or at least, a thread on said ramifications.

Anyhow, this is an interesting potential move. The three teams mentioned (Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars) are all mid-late first.

Let's assume it happens. Does this necessarily mean they go for BPA at 5? I'd be wary of saying yes to that.

The reason being this - end value can be found later. Heck, they can look for end in the 2nd or 3rd. Left tackle value, well, it thins out real quick, unless they chance it on Anthony Collins or Duane Brown, both of whom have questions. The interesting thing in all this would be DT, where Ellis might tempt. This also frees them up to go for a QB earlier.

I think this allows them to look at DE or DT, and even Matt Ryan, at 5. But I can still see them reaching for a LT and then working to fill out the other spots later.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        so if they trade him for a draft pick....theyre still going to need a DE and will have to address it with a draft pick.

so why not just pay him his money? DEs of his caliber don't grow on trees.
                        1. He doesn't want to sign with KC and has said so repeatedly, and

2. He's one incident away from getting a one year suspension due to his prior DUIs.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                          I really think this thread could be in the draft forum, or at least, a thread on said ramifications.

Anyhow, this is an interesting potential move. The three teams mentioned (Vikings, Buccaneers, Jaguars) are all mid-late first.

Let's assume it happens. Does this necessarily mean they go for BPA at 5? I'd be wary of saying yes to that.

The reason being this - end value can be found later. Heck, they can look for end in the 2nd or 3rd. Left tackle value, well, it thins out real quick, unless they chance it on Anthony Collins or Duane Brown, both of whom have questions. The interesting thing in all this would be DT, where Ellis might tempt. This also frees them up to go for a QB earlier.

I think this allows them to look at DE or DT, and even Matt Ryan, at 5. But I can still see them reaching for a LT and then working to fill out the other spots later.
                          I honestly believe the plan was BPA even before this move. It just isn't practical to reach for an OT at 5 when there isn't much of a difference between the top four or five guys outside of Jake Long.

By adding a pick at 17 or 20, they can go BPA in the 1st and then get a guy like Otah or Williams with the 2nd 1st round pick to fill the OT hole.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                            Carl Peterson has made some STUPID decisions during his time as the Chiefs GM, but if we actually traded arguably our best player and cornerstone of our defense, it will take the f'ing cake.

I know we're in rebuilding mode, but our defense is finally starting to show promise, and Jared Allen is one of, if not THE, biggest reason for this change. He's young (26), very skilled at the DE position, and is going to play for at least 7 or 8 more years.

Trading him would be a very, very big mistake.
                            Let's say the Chiefs get a 1st and a 3rd from him. Let's say the Vikings, as they have said extra third and are the highest rumored team.

That would give the Chiefs, and let's say the Chiefs get the early 3rd (Denver's). That gives the Chiefs, in the first 3 rounds, 5, 17, 35, 66, 73. That's a heck of a lot of talent that can be added to help the Chiefs rebuild faster. Yes, Allen is dominant, but the Chiefs have holes right now.

For Peterson, this does give him the flexibility of going QB early if he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
                              I honestly believe the plan was BPA even before this move. It just isn't practical to reach for an OT at 5 when there isn't much of a difference between the top four or five guys outside of Jake Long.

By adding a pick at 17 or 20, they can go BPA in the 1st and then get a guy like Otah or Williams with the 2nd 1st round pick to fill the OT hole.
                              If that's the way it works out, then yes, that would be ideal. But there's a very solid possibility that the top 5 OL guys are off before 17, leaving guys like Cherilus, Brown, Collins, Baker, the latter three huge reaches at 17.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information