X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints dangling Jammal Brown

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...ount-on-him-g/

I'd make that deal in a heartbeat

I like him a lot but I've got to ask: How bad is that degenerative knee condition? Does he have.. one year left? Five years left? What?

That will probably determine how solid of a trade that turns out to be.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
      I like him a lot but I've got to ask: How bad is that degenerative knee condition? Does he have.. one year left? Five years left? What?

That will probably determine how solid of a trade that turns out to be.
      who knows but acquiring him might allows to actualle see how good Croyle can be with some blocking.we could get Albert at 10 then wheneve he does leave move Branden to LT instead of just throwing him into the fire right away

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        who knows but acquiring him might allows to actualle see how good Croyle can be with some blocking.we could get Albert at 10 then wheneve he does leave move Branden to LT instead of just throwing him into the fire right away
        You do know you wouldn't be getting our 10th AND Brown, right? It would be Brown for the 5th, straight up.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

We would not include both Brown and the 10th pick a potential trade. We would send Brown and a 2nd or 3rd I'd imagine for the 2nd pick I'd imagine.

Edit: Sorry, I was all caught up in the rumored trade with the Rams. The deal would be Jammal Brown for the 5th pick. Simple as that :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

DE Chris Long will be the Chiefs pick if he's available, but should he be off the board, Kansas City will want to retreat.Swapping first round picks and bringing Brown into the fold would be an attractive scenario
            got this off ESPN

Comment

They would be losing an awful lot if they did that, no?

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                got this off ESPN
                No way we give up Brown AND our 10th. That's just wishful thinking.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by ESPN
                  Swapping first round picks and bringing Brown into the fold would be an attractive scenario
                  Attractive for the Chiefs, absolutely. For the Saints, not so much...

Comment

I'd love if the Jets traded for Jammal Brown. In 2005, he was the one person I most wanted the Jets to draft.

Comment

Saints would be silly to do this. He's still only 27 and whose to say the knee will act up. You gotta hold on to a franchise Left Tackle.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I doubt this deal gets done...St. Louis does not want to move and will likely pick either Dorsey or Long...St. Louis may be able to get up to number 4 or 5 but I don't see why they would give up Jamaal Brown....

Comment

Dont know why a team that passes so much would trade their great LT. Guess they know something about his knee condition that we dont?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            You do know you wouldn't be getting our 10th AND Brown, right? It would be Brown for the 5th, straight up.
                            SAINTS LOADING THE CANNON FOR RUN AT DORSEY
                            Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2008, 8:17 a.m.

How interested are the New Orleans Saints in landing defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey? They’re reportedly including in the trade package starting left tackle Jamaal Brown.

According to Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com, the Saints are shopping Brown, a Pro Bowler in 2006.

Presumably, the Saints have offered Brown and the No. 10 overall pick to the Rams, for the No. 2 selection. If so, how do the Rams not take it? Brown is under contract through 2011, at a base salary of only $752,500 this year.

At No. 10, the Rams could then target someone like Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey. It would allow the Rams to address significant needs on each side of the line, and ensure them at least one proven player as a result of the transaction.
                            http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Oh God, this is Ricky Williams all over again.:D :D :D LOL.

Time for another game of "How far are the Saints willing to go".
                            Last edited by Breaker; 04-25-2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Breaker: That's for the 2nd pick, not the 5th which Flyboy was talking about not giving up the #10 pick and Jammal Brown for.

On another note. I really hope we don't something stupid like trading Brown to move up.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information