Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex Grossman's career passer rating: 70.9

Terry Bradshaw's career passer rating: 70.9

Creepy! Just thought I'd throw this out. It might make for an interesting discussion. I knew Bradshaw wasn't an excellent passer, but I thought he'd at least be significantly better than Grossman.

You might want to take era adjustment into account. Throw that in, and Bradshaw's rating looks much better than Grossman's. That said, I've thought Grossman has been far more harshly criticized than he's deserved over the past season and a half (after he came down to Earth a bit from the Manning/Palmer level numbers he was putting up in the first 5 games of the 2006 season). Last year his OL was crap, and the year before, he had a near Pro Bowl season (drop 2 games from it, and it's hard to make a case against him).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

With a nickname like "Sexy" Rexy, how can you hate him?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        With a nickname like "Sexy" Rexy, how can you hate him?
        I know somebody that doesn't hate him...

Last edited by Boston; 04-27-2008, 01:57 AM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What's his record again versus you guys? 4-2? Rex pwns Green Bay...

I've been a Rexy supporter since he came to Chicago and I still am. I've given up on the fact that he's not a franchise QB and never will be but with a good OL and a good running game Rex can produce. He'll be a good short term answer for us, how he produces this year though will depend on how much longer he lasts in Chicago.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

In Bradshaws era the game wasn't geared towards the offense.

The Cbs/Safeties could Mug you practically, and not to mention the difference in sacking..

This day and age... You're barely allowed to tap the QB, and after the Steel Curtain rule and Ty Law rule, you can't bother a WR.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post

I've been a Rexy supporter since he came to Chicago and I still am. I've given up on the fact that he's not a franchise QB and never will be but with a good OL and a good running game Rex can produce. He'll be a good short term answer for us, how he produces this year though will depend on how much longer he lasts in Chicago.
              Rex Grossman & Kyle Boller 2008 Co-MVPs of the NFL!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                Rex Grossman & Kyle Boller 2008 Co-MVPs of the NFL!
                Rex Grossman >>> Kyle Boller

:D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post

He'll have to win the starting job from this badass before he proves anything.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

**** it guys, he is going deep.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Rex Grossman is made of twisted steel and sex appeal

Comment

oh rexy...you make for great discussion everywhere...

dont forget people, hes the only NFC North QB to have played in a superbowl!

what rexy has actually accomplished > kitna, rodgers, tavaris

Comment

Well since they passed on Flacco, Brohm, and Henne I guess they could take another future bust out of Florida next year at QB.

Comment

LOl i love sexy rexy
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Rex's dream:

Berrian covered by 4 guys while streaking down the sideline, Desmond is open in the flats, no one even near him, screw this, im going long.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information