Shockey to the Saints..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
    It's not the patience part, I have an issue with, it's Jacobs running our bread and butter play. If our guys can't seal, Jacobs will get stopped in the backfield. Not only that his vision sucks, and he has no cutback ability. If it was Bradshaw or Ward I don't have to worry about both have cutback ability and vision. One specific example was the BIlls game, on Bradshaw's TD. That was power! And it fell apart, and bradshaw used his vision and then cut it back backside, and went in for a long TD. That's fine, I can deal with failed plays IF we have the right guy to see it and fix it. I have broke down enough games to realize Jacobs sucks at that. If the play is 28 power, Jacobs is so concentrated in hitting the "8" hole, that he doesn't see anything else. Furthermore, he doesn't run full speed because he is waiting for our guards to pull, so he is jogging, and at that speed and height, he is going to get tackled in the backfield, because our TEs can't seal. Patience is a non issue, it's what we need now. That next step this upcoming season.

And on top of that jacobs wants a bigger contract for his extension. If we can't run power, his stats will get hurt. Hell I'd rather run more ISO and lead all day against defenses, but Gilbride doesn't do that as much. I just don't like this deal. People are so worried about how it positively effects Eli that they don't see the potential negative that it can have on our running game.
    Well as you know, Im not the biggest Jacobs fan myself. I guess all we can do is hope Boss gets his blocking up to a point where he can seal the outside by the start of the regular season. Its possible.

If not we're going to have to use Matthews more. But then that makes our play selection predictable.

You say it all the time: In Reese we trust. If he made this move, he made it for a reason. He knows what he's doing.

Comment

the giants should trade shockey for a 2nd then move brandon jacobs to TE. a 6'4 264 lb TE who runs a 4.4. hes uber physical and can block. then they can start bradshaw, and get an extra 2nd rounder.

and please arealize im joking lol
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Well as you know, Im not the biggest Jacobs fan myself. I guess all we can do is hope Boss gets his blocking up to a point where he can seal the outside by the start of the regular season. Its possible.

If not we're going to have to use Matthews more. But then that makes our play selection predictable.

You say it all the time: In Reese we trust. If he made this move, he made it for a reason. He knows what he's doing.
        Yeah this is true. I hope he does know what he is doing. This would be the one potential move, if Shockey, is indeed traded that I disagree with it. I like the Luke P move, and didn't mind the David D move. Kiwi was ok, but this would be the one I will watch like a hawk this season, especially in our run game. Hopefully now, if Shockey is traded, we pick someone that can help be an impact to this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          Does anyone have a link to confirm?
          Unfortunately not.
          I have been listening to SIRIUS... it sounds like something that is almost completed. But may not be finished till tommorrow.

Comment

Shock, I just looked back at the stat lines for our running game after Shockey went out, particularly in the playoffs, and youre right, there was a significant dropoff in production by our run game when Shockey went out.

Especially with Jacobs. Bradshaw still held his own.

At first i wasn't too worried, but after going through and crunching the numbers, and seeing how significant the dropoff was (it was literally about 35-40 yards a game), it is concerning.

I guess the only thing I can think of is again, hoping that Boss improves his blocking even more during TC, and perhaps giving Bradshaw/Ward more carries and not making Jacobs our feature back. Im in favor of a 15/15 split, but who knows how they wind up splitting the carries. Should be something to pay attention to though.

Comment

so did Shockey want to get traded? if so i guess i understand
              but if not then i think the Giants should have keep him IMO

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Shockey is damaged goods. That said, Brees is much better at targeting his TE than Eli.
                Much, much better.

This is a great deal for the Saints. and honestly the Giants getting a second +anything else is a good deal for a malcontent who they won a Super Bowl without.

Comment

Now what would it take to trade up with the Rams? #10 this year, 3rd rounder, and 1st round next year?

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Well I think this rules out them trading up to get Dorsey or Ellis. Im pretty sure they will stay put at 10 now.
                    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Shock, I just looked back at the stat lines for our running game after Shockey went out, particularly in the playoffs, and youre right, there was a significant dropoff in production by our run game when Shockey went out.

Especially with Jacobs. Bradshaw still held his own.

At first i wasn't too worried, but after going through and crunching the numbers, and seeing how significant the dropoff was (it was literally about 35-40 yards a game), it is concerning.

I guess the only thing I can think of is again, hoping that Boss improves his blocking even more during TC, and perhaps giving Bradshaw/Ward more carries and not making Jacobs our feature back. Im in favor of a 15/15 split, but who knows how they wind up splitting the carries. Should be something to pay attention to though.

That's what I am saying.. We run power, and if we can't seal the edge then our Titanic sinks. But we use Bradshaw he sees that the play is shot, and cuts it back like he did on the TD in the Bills game. Keep watching that play over, that's a perfect example of what vision can do, if a play is doomed to fail from the get go. Jacobs would keep running trying to plow his way for a 1 yard or 2. So while everyone says Eli did well with Shockey out, our running game dropped against these playoff teams in the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah. Boss can't block. I still hope this doesn't happen.

I think Rosenhaus really wanted a new contract and they weren't going to give one.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3368412

deal has caught a snag

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                            Loomis really wants him, it should be finalized tommorrow sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                              Could the Saints reach for Kentwan Balmer?
                              Don't say **** like that.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

If I'm Loomis, I would let them sweat it out....

I have a good feeling the Giants will take a 3rd for Shockey..their just waiting for Loomis to blink...which he won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information