Shockey to the Saints..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saints67 View Post
    If I'm Loomis, I would let them sweat it out....

I have a good feeling the Giants will take a 3rd for Shockey..their just waiting for Loomis to blink...which he won't.
    Yeah, Loomis doesn't f'n play around.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Why haven't the Saints just drafted a decent tight end over the last three or four years instead of signing a bunch of scrubs?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Saints67 View Post
        If I'm Loomis, I would let them sweat it out....

I have a good feeling the Giants will take a 3rd for Shockey..their just waiting for Loomis to blink...which he won't.
        Yeah the Giants who were offered a 2nd round pick already would now take a 3rd rounder instead for their all pro TE who is their biggest money maker to the orginization over the last 4 or so years (jerseys and shirts). Makes perfect sense

Comment

It'll get done for the 2nd and some pick switch a roo

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
            Why haven't the Saints just drafted a decent tight end over the last three or four years instead of signing a bunch of scrubs?
            IDK, why haven't the vikings?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              or cincinnati (thank god we got Utecht though)

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                I honestly don't know why. Just wasn't a priority. Hopefully it is this year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

If this deal doesn't get done, I say either Lito is a Saint by the end of the day or they trade up from #10. I don't think they'll sit still during draft day after being involved in so many rumors the past couple weeks. I could even see them getting Shockey or Lito, and still trade up using future picks.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

so do you think you guys still try to move up for Ellis?

Comment

I think we will. I would love for us to come away with Sedrick Ellis (or Dorsey if he falls *crossing fingers*) and Lito Sheppard. I'm not too high on the whole Shockey thing.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        I think we will. I would love for us to come away with Sedrick Ellis (or Dorsey if he falls *crossing fingers*) and Lito Sheppard. I'm not too high on the whole Shockey thing.
                        "Not too high on the whole Shockey thing" is a vast understatement for me.

Good organizations take smart risks with certain injured players. The Saints did that with Drew Brees and it paid off tremendously. But he was operated on and rehabbed by the best sports medicine doctor in the United States, Dr. James Andrews. It seems, however, that we are going overboard with trying to trade for and sign big name players coming off big injuries. Jonathan Vilma (who I fully expect to recuperate 100%) and Dan Morgan are the two latest that we're going to try and rely on. Vilma I'm sure will do fine but Morgan is one more hit away from living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and eating his meals through a straw. Now we're trying to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who will NEVER be the same again after coming off a very significant injury.

There is no way, no ******* way that Shockey is able to perform as well as he did after having his leg broken. I don't see why the Saints are so gung-ho to trade for him in the first place. I guess the idea of drafting a TE and developing never struck them. A trade for Shockey is idiotic. We have a team that performs well together and doesn't blame anyone person for the loss. With Shockey you will have that. What if Brees fails to get him the ball throughout the first half? Shockey will ***** him out in a pre-game interview. Does that bode well for team chemistry?

I respect Shockey, I do, and I think he's a good player but do I want my team to trade our 2nd round pick for him? No. He's injured too often, is too much of a locker room cancer, and bitches too much. If our GM had half a brain he'd let the idea die. Sure, he can crunch numbers but trading for a guy who won't be the same and will tear your team apart? C'mon. You gotta be kidding me. It seems that Mickey Loomis doesn't even watch football and just casually pays attention to it. That's probably why we're only going after big name guys. It doesn't matter that their injured. Oh, they have an injury concern? **** it. Sign them! ******* moron.
                        Last edited by diabsoule; 04-26-2008, 07:40 AM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Well I'd just like to say that NO is being stupid, they should really just be offering to switch 2nds and give us a 3rd, that way they could still have some ammo to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            "Not too high on the whole Shockey thing" is a vast understatement for me.

Good organizations take smart risks with certain injured players. The Saints did that with Drew Brees and it paid off tremendously. But he was operated on and rehabbed by the best sports medicine doctor in the United States, Dr. James Andrews. It seems, however, that we are going overboard with trying to trade for and sign big name players coming off big injuries. Jonathan Vilma (who I fully expect to recuperate 100%) and Dan Morgan are the two latest that we're going to try and rely on. Vilma I'm sure will do fine but Morgan is one more hit away from living the rest of his life in a wheelchair and eating his meals through a straw. Now we're trying to trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who will NEVER be the same again after coming off a very significant injury.

There is no way, no ******* way that Shockey is able to perform as well as he did after having his leg broken. I don't see why the Saints are so gung-ho to trade for him in the first place. I guess the idea of drafting a TE and developing never struck them. A trade for Shockey is idiotic. We have a team that performs well together and doesn't blame anyone person for the loss. With Shockey you will have that. What if Brees fails to get him the ball throughout the first half? Shockey will ***** him out in a pre-game interview. Does that bode well for team chemistry?

I respect Shockey, I do, and I think he's a good player but do I want my team to trade our 2nd round pick for him? No. He's injured too often, is too much of a locker room cancer, and bitches too much. If our GM had half a brain he'd let the idea die. Sure, he can crunch numbers but trading for a guy who won't be the same and will tear your team apart? C'mon. You gotta be kidding me. It seems that Mickey Loomis doesn't even watch football and just casually pays attention to it. That's probably why we're only going after big name guys. It doesn't matter that their injured. Oh, they have an injury concern? **** it. Sign them! ******* moron.
                            Nice to see someone else taking the time to write in depth about why we shouldn't trade for Shockey. I just didn't have the time to do that earlier. Still trying to finish up some schoolwork before the Draft starts :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Worse comes to worse we keep Shockey, and try to increase his role as a pass reciever. Now with Boss, Mathews, and Johnson coming back, someone should be able to block on the otherwise. So I wouldn't mind seeing an increase of TE concept plays for both Boss and Shockey.

Comment

Right now i want to trade shockey... we really dont need him in the passing game, in the running game we will miss him, but we could always get John Carlson.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information