Shockey to the Saints..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
    Right now i want to trade shockey... we really dont need him in the passing game, in the running game we will miss him, but we could always get John Carlson.
    While we don't Need him, he is still a weapon that we can utilize. Having said that he also has as much value as a blocking TE to go along with pass recieving. Trading him away is stupid in my opinion. All he wants is an increase role. Now with 3 TEs on our roster excluding Shockey, we can find a way of getting him the ball.

Comment

So this is dead I guess since the Saints picked at 40?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

its dead unless we get what we are asking for in a future first round pick, whether it be from saints, tampa, or seattle

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          So this is dead I guess since the Saints picked at 40?
          Yep. Unless Reese & Loomis start talking after the draft, the deal seems dead.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Yep. Unless Reese & Loomis start talking after the draft, the deal seems dead.
            Tracy Porter and a 2009 first rounder for shockey would make me content, even though I love Shockey.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
              Tracy Porter and a 2009 first rounder for shockey would make me content, even though I love Shockey.
              Lawlz. Um, how about... no?
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                yea doubt that would happen, i dont think peyton would give up Roman Harper or Tracy Porter, both are his guys and he reached a little to ensure he got both of them.

I dont think this trade will go down unless the saints see something in shockey that would make them trade a 1st. or if they are horrible on offense. If shockey was traded to you then i think that run offense would really benefit, the passing offense as well.

If it doesnt happen before the trade deadline, i dont think it will ever happen.

Comment

Tracy Porter was not a reach.

Comment

Lawlz. Um, how about... no?
                    Na it sounds good to me. You know the saints want to make that trade.

Comment

Tracy Porter was not a reach.
                      i wasnt really directing the reach part toward Porter, but valuewise it was a bit of a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        i wasnt really directing the reach part toward Porter, but valuewise it was a bit of a reach.
                        Eh. Scott had him going at #50, he went at #40. Not really a reach imo.

Joe Flacco? Sam Baker? Yeah.

Comment

10 picks is still a bit of a reach, but yes nothing comparable to Baker or Flacco

Comment

Baker was ranked at #32 by Mayock, #33 by Scott. And that was before the big run on tackles. He was picked at #21. He was never going to make it to #34 once the top 5 tackles had gone by #19. It was a bit of a need-reach, but I think it's being overplayed massively by some.
                            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I guess I liked Porter more than most because I thought that pick was huge for the saints.

As for Baker I understand that pick aswell, was he the 21st best pick in this draft? No, but he was the 6th best LT in this draft and so I understand the pick.

Comment

This might still have some legs to it...

AROUND THE LEAGUE: League sources indicate the Saints' pursuit of Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey did not end when a draft-day deal between the clubs could not be reached. Coach Sean Payton believes Shockey is a perfect fit for the Saints' offense, and he still desperately wants the player to be wearing a black-and-gold uniform this season. Shockey has informed the Giants of his unhappiness, and apparently unwillingness, to play again in New York. Don't be surprised if the trade is finalized in the coming weeks. According to New York's Newsday, Shockey has four years remaining on his five-year, $26.3 million contract extension, including $1.9 million due this season.
                                http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...l=1&thispage=2

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information