Ayodele and Fasano to Miami for 4th rd pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
    This doesn't shock me a whole lot. Parcells gets two guys who he has coached before which gives him a little less to worry about during the regular season. Good trade.
    Yeah good trade for the phins but to me it doesnt make sense for Dallas

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

I would have preferred to trade PacMan for Fasano and Ayodele... Por Que?!

Great deal for Miami, and it seems that Dallas was able to let loose some dead weight in exchange for decent return. While Dallas's roster contains youth or backups who can start, Miami's roster would be improved by Dallas's extras.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          I can swear you said that. I'll see if I can find it.
          I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            i think he could start for more then half the teams...he is a more complete TE then most of the starters in the league
            Well at the time everyone had a good laugh out of it, but that's what happens when you go against the grain, since then Fasano has played really well and showed alot of potential for only being 23 years old, he was groomed properly and hasn't been given a chance to play being the starter yet, for a young team like Miami I would be ecstatic.

As far as us, this 4th is more then likely going to be packaged together to move up at some point in the draft.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
              Very odd. Talk about getting frozen out by your organization.
              All the mocks had us picking him that year. I, too, wondered what the hell happened to him.. I haven't seen him on the field as much.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                I dont think I ever said that...I went back and forth when it came to Fasano many a times. Hell, when we first got him, I hated him. Maybe you're referring to the time when I said he could start for a number of teams out there?
                My mistake. As he pointed out it was LonghornsLegend I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd430 View Post
                  Curtis is a viable backup to Witten and the difference between him and Fasano wasn't much to be honest. More surprised with Ayodele getting traded, but with James and the addition of Thomas, we'll be fine there for now. The only thing is, it opens up another hole we need to fill in the draft cuz Thomas ain't getting no younger!
                  Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.

Comment

OH YEAH! It's Tony Curtis time!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Akin wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination either. Him leaving is fine in my book. And if you haven't noticed we have a Burnett and Carp behind Bradie and Zach, it's not exactly a gaping hole at ILB.
                      I guess it depends on who you ask, personally I think Ayodele played horrible and that led to his departure, Jerry hinted at him being gone 3 or 4 times since the season was over...To be an ILB, he took bad angle after bad angle on running plays, over pursued plays, wasn't a playmaker out there, he was basically just taking up space...I went back and saw too many plays where he looked lost, or was nowhere near the ball carrier, I have been wanting Jerry to follow through and get rid of him for some time, and when Thomas came I knew that was his ticket out of town.

Now hopefully this opens the door for Burnett to get more chances, because he is a guy I want on the field more.

Comment

I find it funny that JJ just said he would not trade anyone on draft day today...so, he decides to deal them the day before. Sticking to his word. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Paul,

Can't believe I forgot about Burnett, even after seeing his name in this same thread... I blame it on the brain farts...

But I don't really like Carpenter, but then again, I don't think he's had enough time to develop to his full potential either. Wade's scheme requires a lot of linebackers too...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

This gives Burnett a chance to excel, and if he does, the Cowboy will be able to resign him for cheap because no one else is going to want a 5th year LB who has never started before...

It also dumps Ayodele, who was eating up precious salary on an inflated contract. Fasano wasn't doing a whole lot behind Witten and had a reputation for dropping big balls on 3rd down and in the playoffs -- So who cares if hes gone.

This gives the boys 5 picks in the top 100 and moved them up 26 spots from the draft pick they lost for Pacman.

good trade for both IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              2. Why would Parcells give Payton a "thumbs up" on Fasano instead of trading for Fasano himself?

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              1. I could see the Garrett's offense argument, but Fasano is under a second round rookie contract, not that much money by NFL standards.
                              2. If Parcells isn't willing to give up a mid round pick for someone he likes who has only been in the league two years, I would think his thumbs up would be worth less than a hill of beans in some sort of crazy world.

In retrospect, I probably should have seen this coming.

Comment

LOL wow, I forgot all about that conversation...I have to give it to BBD he called this last week.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                i just thought of something.

if the Saints want a TE so badly, why not trade a 3rd or 4th to Dallas for Fasano?
                                :D good stuff BBD, not like it was the Saints, but I remember you saying something about trading him for a 4th.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information