Jones

I hate Benson for some reason :twisted: :evil:

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Thomas Jones is the starter unless Benson does something special in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77
        Thomas Jones is the starter unless Benson does something special in camp.
        Benson is working with the 1st team offense this offseason, Jones wants a new contract.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
        XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
        Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
        http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Benson is a stud and the workhouse pound it back the Bears need. I know Jones played really well last year, but Benson is going to be something special. They should have tried to ship Jones out so Peterson could get some more action.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Who would I pick as the starter? Easy. Thomas Jones.

Who do I think will be the starter? Harder. My guess is ... if Jones gets in on time, he'll be the starter.

Comment

split the carries, TJ starts
              That sounds right. Maybe a 60-40 carry split between TJ and Benson respectively.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

It's really difficult because using Benson in a committee approach is going to negate his effectiveness. He's a pounder who gets better as he gets more carries and the defense wears out. For this reason, I'd go with Benson, since he fits the mold the Bears are looking for on offense. I'd rotate Jones in on third downs.

Comment

That's an awfully crowded backfield. They should have traded at least one of the three backs for a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                    It's really difficult because using Benson in a committee approach is going to negate his effectiveness. He's a pounder who gets better as he gets more carries and the defense wears out. For this reason, I'd go with Benson, since he fits the mold the Bears are looking for on offense. I'd rotate Jones in on third downs.
                    Think about it though, if Benson is getting carries late in the game, but he's only had around 15 while Jones has had 20-25, the defense has seen 35-40 but Benson is still fresh from oonly having 15, thus making his pounding style even more effective later in the game.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                      Think about it though, if Benson is getting carries late in the game, but he's only had around 15 while Jones has had 20-25, the defense has seen 35-40 but Benson is still fresh from oonly having 15, thus making his pounding style even more effective later in the game.
                      Running the ball that much will never happen in the NFL. 40 rushes a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
                        Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                        Running the ball that much will never happen in the NFL. 40 rushes a game?
                        Maybe not 40, but the Bears hit 30 consistently last year. In their first game against the Lions, Jones and Benson combined for 36 carries between the two of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I would say go ahead and start Benson, to me he is something special.

Comment

I think Jones should start. He has proven himself and he has worked in the Bears system. Use Benson for the goal line or tough running situations and they'll be fine...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information