Steinbach to Browns per PFT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icantackleclaret View Post
    31 mil in cap room and some good spreading out of the money.
    Haha, good luck with that. Both players are going to get huge salaries. You can't afford both.

Comment

PFT is usually right on when they "report" stuff. It's the rumors that they crap up on.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Clayton reported:

"Bengals guard Eric Steinbach is heading to Cleveland for a visit, with secondary trips set up with Tampa Bay and Seattle"

That was reported at 2:14 AM today. I imagine Steiny will keep his options open.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785239

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I love when people quote PFT like what they say is true
          Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Haha, good luck with that. Both players are going to get huge salaries. You can't afford both.
            Yes they can, very easily. The first year of a 5, 6, 7 year deal will probably range from $3-6M against the cap. If you have $31M this season, that's $31M you can spend on contracts in their first year. Not the entire length of the deal. If you're team has a check happy owner, increasing the signing bonus but lowering the base salary would allow even more immediate room (Redskins is an example).

Technically speaking a $25-30M+ cap room team could easily sign Steinbach, Clements and Thomas, they'd just be putting themselves into a reasonably sticky situation when the yearly totals escalate in the next few seasons.

The reason you typically don't see this is because it isn't a smart way to build a team as free agent spending is mostly seen as a way to fill holes, not build a team, and if you happened to have so many holes that the top 3 free agents are on your want list, chances are you're a team that will struggle to attract 3 top tier free agents anyway.

Comment

They won't get both. I still don't buy Clements going to Cleveland.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                They won't get both. I still don't buy Clements going to Cleveland.
                Even though he is from Ohio, and said he wants to play here?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  He said he would like to stay in Buff but that isn't going to happen.
                  I think he will go to the Browns or 49ers.

Comment

Why couldnt we afford both? With 31 mill, we could pay Steinbach 7 mill a season and have plenty of money for Clements.

Comment

Browns | Steinbach to visit team Friday
                      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 23:04:18 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports free agent OG Eric Steinbach (Bengals) will visit the Cleveland Browns Friday, March 2.

I assume hes talking with other clubs aswell, but no dates set up just yeat.

Clements is talking with the Browns Titans and 49ers.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        Clayton reported:

"Bengals guard Eric Steinbach is heading to Cleveland for a visit, with secondary trips set up with Tampa Bay and Seattle"

That was reported at 2:14 AM today. I imagine Steiny will keep his options open.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785239
                        Yes Joe, he is visiting Tampa and Seattle.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

JBond, I didnt see yur answer the last timeI asked, but do you go to the R-Pack?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            He said he'd like to play in Nashville too.

It means nothing, it's just a tactic some high profile FA's use to keep their name circulating and interesting boiling.

Comment

"He said he'd like to play in Nashville too."

Its not about who he said he wanted to play for. its about what appeals to him as a plaer, and right now he has stated that team is Cleveland. i wouldnt doubt if he goes to 49ers.

Comment

Steinbach is not even close to worth 7 million a year. He's a solid lineman, but is only average as a run blocker, and inconsistent in pass blocking. Pretty overrated.

Cleveland is trying to become the new Redskins. Sign a bunch of big named free agents, and still suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information