#1 Overall for 2009 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    No, they're a product of his amazingness, awesomeness and ridiculous greatness rolled into one. Chris Wells is the real deal. I'm still having nightmares of him rolling through the Michigan defense.
    Chris Wells is an incredible player, but his speed is his flaw, and I'm not saying it's right, but teams won't like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylP9...eature=related

He's caught from behind time after time on this highlight reel. I love the guy, but he won't go #1.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Beanie has 4.45-4.5 speed and has more breakaway speed than any other back that big and strong I've ever seen. Truly a rare prospect with the stiff arm from hell and the ability to really knock any DB on his butt. All the times he gets "caught from behind" on video the guy is a DB who has an angle on him or he is busy trying to avoid traffic in the open field ahead of him and has to slow up. In other words you gotta be crazy to think the pros are gonna question his speed, at his size his speed is definitely above average. A much better version of Jamal Lewis coming out and even a better prospect for the pros than McFadden. Not quite as elite as Peterson, but not the injury red flags either. Could go #1 overall if a team like Detroit or Chicago picks #1, but RBs don't usually go #1 overall. Top 10 lock, more likely top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
        Chris Wells is an incredible player, but his speed is his flaw, and I'm not saying it's right, but teams won't like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lylP9...eature=related

He's caught from behind time after time on this highlight reel. I love the guy, but he won't go #1.
        Out of the times he was "caught from behind"

1st play: was slowing down to stiff arm someone

2nd play: was breaking away, guy made a desperation tackle and barely threw off his balance

and that was it. If anything that supports Beanie Wells's speed, just look how quickly he explodes out of the box when he sees open field.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIncredibleDraftDude View Post
          Taylor Mays:

@ 6'4 - 248 lbs - 40 yard: 4.23 the guy is a freak at safety. He will be shutdown.

If the Eagles, panthers or a team like that selects first I have no doubt. Dont rule out giving him some time doing trick plays at offence.
          LOL at the weight. Mays is 225-235, and I doubt that 4.23 is legit even though that's what SC coaches timed him at
          Last edited by Sniper; 05-02-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
            Out of the times he was "caught from behind"

1st play: was slowing down to stiff arm someone

2nd play: was breaking away, guy made a desperation tackle and barely threw off his balance

and that was it. If anything that supports Beanie Wells's speed, just look how quickly he explodes out of the box when he sees open field.
            Beanie Wells makes me want to go into a corner and hide....His first couple steps are just unreal especially for a man his size

Comment

• I am on the Matt Stafford number 1 overall bandwagon. I really like his game, but he needs to show consistency this year. Hopefully with better WRs, he will show his great skill set. He makes some great throws and is pretty mobile too. I really like him. Next years QB and OT class look really good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                I am on the Matt Stafford number 1 overall bandwagon. I really like his game, but he needs to show consistency this year. Hopefully with better WRs, he will show his great skill set. He makes some great throws and is pretty mobile too. I really like him. Next years QB and OT class look really good.
                The OT class (assuming all declare) looks outstanding. Andre Smith, Ciron Black, Alex Boone, Michael Oher etc....

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information