No announcement yet.

#1 Overall for 2009 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Selvie has to be up there at this point, along with Oher and Jenkins.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Tebow and stafford are the top QBs but with another big season for the illini Juice can put himself in the conversation as he'll light up the combine both physically and with his Spirals.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        crabtree is going to be a freak. i dont think hes on par with calvin johnson but he will be in the running for a high draft pick with another great season.
        dhb > crabtree.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
          Tebow and stafford are the top QBs but with another big season for the illini Juice can put himself in the conversation as he'll light up the combine both physically and with his Spirals.
          No offense to you, but I would bet my life that Juice Williams will never be considered the top QB available, much less the top overall pick. I really think he is the most overrated player in college football. Yes, he is athletic has a very strong arm, but his accuracy is bad and he doesn't make great decisions. The Illinois offense did just as well and sometimes better when his backup came in.

We're talking about a guy who has a career completion percentage of 49% and has thrown 21 interceptions compared with 22 TD's. When you say he'd need "another big season," I'm going to say he would have to have a monster season much better than his previous one.

Comment

I'll go with Oher

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
              Juice Williams will never be considered a first round pick. He has great athletic ability but his ability to play quarterback, especially at the next level, is questionable

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I agree badgerbacker. Theres no way Juice is even considered a top 5 talent in next years draft, or even a first rounder for that matter. He has A LOT to work on as a QB.

I think Tebows gonna be one of those guys whos stock will drop before next years draft. Every ones gonna pick him apart before the draft and his stock will drop some because he does run a QB friendly offense at Florida. I think at best he'll be a mid-late first rounder. But that also depends on some of the team needs in that area as well.
                Last edited by Santonio10; 04-28-2008, 11:30 AM.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                  I'll go with Oher
                  Yeah im thinking the same thing

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

I think Tebow will benefit from leaving after this year since the QB class is weak and lots of time will have needs at QB. If he stays to his senior year he will be picked apart by the scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                      dhb > crabtree.
                      i have no idea who dhb is

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        i have no idea who dhb is
                        Darius Heyward-Bey

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                          I think Tebow will benefit from leaving after this year since the QB class is weak and lots of time will have needs at QB. If he stays to his senior year he will be picked apart by the scouts.
                          Yeah i see what you're saying. Kind of like Matt Ryan this year. I dont think he was that good but he went 3rd overall so who knows.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                            I agree with that logic, if Matt Stafford can get his accuracy up i think he is the better QB of the two and i would even throw Jake Locker in there but he wont come out next year. Talking strictly QB scenario.

Comment

I think that if Tebow, Stafford and Sanchez talk to agents, they'll leave for the NFL. Next year is definitely gonna be a Alex Smith-esque top of the first as far as QB's go, and a crappy team might just be forced to take one of them at the top. If Miami sucks horribly again and John Beck doesn't show much, it's too easy to put Tebow there.

Comment

LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

Wells could be the Stewart of this class and Moreno the Mendenhall(although a lot better)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information