#1 Overall for 2009 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    I think that if Tebow, Stafford and Sanchez talk to agents, they'll leave for the NFL. Next year is definitely gonna be a Alex Smith-esque top of the first as far as QB's go, and a crappy team might just be forced to take one of them at the top. If Miami sucks horribly again and John Beck doesn't show much, it's too easy to put Tebow there.
    They just finished drafting Chad Henne in the second round. I doubt they go qb for about 2 years, they have to know what they have in Henne.

teams with needs at qb are:
    Chiefs(depending on the play of Croyle)
    Bears
    Vikings(depending on the play of Jackson)
    Panthers
    Buccaneers
    49ers(depending on the play of Smith)
    Last edited by PACKmanN; 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM.

Comment

One of the OTs. This OT class is sick. After workouts, I am going to say Max Unger.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
        No offense to you, but I would bet my life that Juice Williams will never be considered the top QB available, much less the top overall pick. I really think he is the most overrated player in college football. Yes, he is athletic has a very strong arm, but his accuracy is bad and he doesn't make great decisions. The Illinois offense did just as well and sometimes better when his backup came in.

We're talking about a guy who has a career completion percentage of 49% and has thrown 21 interceptions compared with 22 TD's. When you say he'd need "another big season," I'm going to say he would have to have a monster season much better than his previous one.
        there's no denying juice hasn't taken the next step yet, but I meant if the Illini had another big season, the only way I see that happening is if Juice takes that next step. At that point he'll be in contention for the top QB spot.

He was terribly inconsistent last year but as the season wore on he seemed to become more comfortable as a passer in that O and the reason his backup saw time was because he was a better runner, cause Juice wouldn't take off and kept his eyes downfield when Zook wanted him to just take off running.

Not saying he's a lock just saying he's a guy with great physical tools and is in a good position to make the jump into that upper echelon.

Comment

You really can't predict that Malcolm Jenkins is going to be the 1st overall at this point. He has alot to prove after his lackluster and forgetable play down the stretch this year. Talent wise . . . he could be #1, but if they were to draft the 2009 class right now he wouldn't be top 15.

Comment

Forced to reach on Tim Tebow nothing. I would take Tebow over Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Matt Ryan, or really anyone in the last few years except for Jamarcus and maybe Cutler. Tebow will be a top 10, most likely top 5 pick, and he'll deserve it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by my future me View Post
              You really can't predict that Malcolm Jenkins is going to be the 1st overall at this point. He has alot to prove after his lackluster and forgetable play down the stretch this year. Talent wise . . . he could be #1, but if they were to draft the 2009 class right now he wouldn't be top 15.
              Dude yes he would. Obviously this is a ton of speculation, but Jenkins would have been a top 15 pick as a junior this year, which means he, like Oher, are at the top of the list for next year.

A lot can change, but right now, yeah he's definately a top 15 pick.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I don't think Jenkins warrants taking a corner top 5 unless this corner class is worse than I expect.

Comment

I bet it's Oher.
                  Last edited by SenorGato; 04-28-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santonio10 View Post
                    I agree badgerbacker. Theres no way Juice is even considered a top 5 talent in next years draft, or even a first rounder for that matter. He has A LOT to work on as a QB.

I think Tebows gonna be one of those guys whos stock will drop before next years draft. Every ones gonna pick him apart before the draft and his stock will drop some because he does run a QB friendly offense at Florida. I think at best he'll be a mid-late first rounder. But that also depends on some of the team needs in that area as well.
                    After what just happened to Andre Woodson and Colt Brennan, you could very well be right.

Here is what I'll say.

This time last year, who here considered Matt Ryan a top three pick?
                    How about Alex Smith after the '04 draft?
                    After the '03 draft, how many knew Ben Roethlisberger? Or even how to spell Ben Roethlisberger? I'm guessing anyone who even heard his name spelled it Ben Roethshamalamadingdong.
                    How about Jay Cutler one full year before he was drafted?
                    Remember when we all though the top QB for this years draft would be Brian Brohm?

Who will be the #1 pick next year? Someone we're not even considering.
                    Last edited by Crickett; 04-28-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                      I don't think Jenkins warrants taking a corner top 5 unless this corner class is worse than I expect.
                      Vontae Davis is coming out next year so it'll be very strong at the top.

Jenkins and Davis are the two best CB's in College Football right now on paper. If Vontae can wake up and realize how good he can be, he'll go top 10 next season. He tends to coast because he's so good, doesn't try hard all the time in practice. But when the lights go on he's always on his game.

Vontae is a physical corner with very good ball skills that possesses 4.3 speed, and he will come up and support the run. Big time hitter and stupid athletic. He'll be an elite player in next years class.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Vontae is a pretty sick name.

My money is on Oher or Wells. Oher is a great LT prospect, and Wells is just ridiculous.

I dont think Tebow goes that high unless he makes some drastic improvements to his throwing motion. Also the fact that he is from an Urban offense would scare some teams. I personally wouldnt get him in the 1st. Maybe in the 2nd and have him sit for a year.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Tim Tebow. Odds are, whoever picks #1 next year is going to have QB issues.

Probably us, since Alex Smith is inevitably going to fail. I don't want that to happen but I'm not a very optimistic person.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Tim Tebow has alot to smooth out before I consider him a 1st round QB.

Bad mechanics and Florida QB should scare enough people as it is I thought...

He could prove me wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                              Tim Tebow. Odds are, whoever picks #1 next year is going to have QB issues.

Probably us, since Alex Smith is inevitably going to fail. I don't want that to happen but I'm not a very optimistic person.
                              It won't be the 9ers. Smith might get benched though.

Comment

Initial thought is Oher although I wanna give a mention for Maualuga as a top 5 lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information