Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Rookie QB Will Have the Biggest Impact in '08?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Ryan is most likely to start so therefore he's likely to have the biggest impact. I'd expect at least three of the four to start a some point during the season for one reason or another.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Well, Brohm's the best QB out of those 4, but he's not likely to start over Aaron Rodgers quite yet, and unless another team trades for him, he's not going to make a great impact.

Henne is the next best QB out of those, but the Dolphins are in shambles, he's going to be an improvement over Beck, and will likely start pretty quickly. Down the road, I don't see him becoming anything special, but he'll be a solid starter. But in terms of 08? It's going to be a rough road for him.

Ryan will most likely start immediately, but ironically, the QB he's going to be replacing, Joey Harrington, is the QB he reminds me most of. He'll be exposed, and eventually become a decent backup.

That leaves Flacco. Who, like Henne, I don't think will develop into a great QB, but he'll be servicable, and he has a chance to start immediately, unlike Brohm. And he's not going to an unspeakably lousy team like Henne. So, while I think Brohm will be the best QB, Flacco has the best combination of talent and opportunity to make a positive impact in 2008.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
      The Destroyer Is Manifest!
      I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

no one (zehn buchstaben)

Comment

Joe Flacco start off the bat

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Jordyz. Once he gets a solid hold of the spread, he'll be out-throwing Peyton Manning in no time!

Okay, all seriousness aside, I think it'll be Flacco.
            He's the one that has scrubs ahead of him. The Fins at least have John Beck who has been with the team for a year and at least can grasp the offense a little faster i'm guessing. All Flacco has to do is beat out Kyle Boller, which shouldn't be too hard to do. He'll have a nice running game with decent targets, and a solid D to back him up. I don't see Brohm getting too much playing time, and Matt Ryan will probably be on his back most of the time in Atlanta.

Comment

Interesting question.

Sure we think Ryan is most likely the QB draft pick to get the most playing time ... but impact? That's a little different question.

For example, say Brian Brohm plays two or three games for the Packers are the end of season and helps them get to the playoffs. That's a pretty big impact, in that scenario.

In fact, I'll probably go with Brohm myself. The other guys aren't on teams as good as the Packers, so the potential for impact isn't there as much as it is for Brohm - who shouldn't have fallen as low as he did. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually beats out Aaron Rodgers for the job, the Packers have two very talented young guys to compete for the job.

All we need is for the Lions to draft a young QB next year so that every team in the NFC North has two young guys battle for the starting QB spot, along with Rodgers/Brohm, Grossman/Orton, and Jackson/Booty. I guess you could count Orlovsky, lol ...
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I don't think anyone of them will make much of an impact. By impact I mean cause the team to a win couple more games than the current starter. Boller/Redman aren't very good, but rookie QBs struggle alot and none of the QBs are great prospects to begin with.

Comment

If Brohm sees the field he will have the biggest impact, but the plan for him is to back up for now.

For the QB's who are expected to see the field- Henne.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    All we need is for the Lions to draft a young QB next year so that every team in the NFC North has two young guys battle for the starting QB spot, along with Rodgers/Brohm, Grossman/Orton, and Jackson/Booty. I guess you could count Orlovsky, lol ...
                    Don't forget Drew Stanton (as much as I'd like to forget him).
                    I'm a state.

Comment

Matt Ryan. He is not only the most physically gifted QB but is also the only QB who will be a for sure starter at the start of the 08 season.

Comment

Aaron Rogers lost his starting position when they announced Brian Brohm's name

Comment

Its gotta be JD Booty, ran a very similar scheme in college and Minnesota doesn't need a star at quarterback they just need someone to manage the game. I would say Booty rivals anyone in this class when it comes to game management. Great fit, he should be starting by Week 6 of the season.

Comment

I think Flacco starts earlier on than Matt Ryan, but that is my opinion. Ryan could start early on, but we are going to be safe by all indications.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information