Lito Sheppard to the Jags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
    Would the addition of Lito Sheppard give the Jags the best cornerback duo or trio in the NFL?
    The best duo is and still would be Asomugah and Hall.

Comment

I agree,

Broncos
      Raiders
      Cowboys
      Niners
      Jags (with Lito)

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        I agree,

Broncos
        Raiders
        Cowboys
        Niners
        Jags (with Lito)
        while all of those duos are good...I think you have them in the wrong order...

cowboys should not be on that list, IMO...neither should the 9ers...

Comment

Newman and Pacman is friggen sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post

Not the Niners? What other team other than the Broncos has two probowl corners?

If the niners had any semblance of a pass rush. Both of our corners would be regarded as top notch. Plus I would also venture to say that the 49ers cb's are as good against the run as any CB duo in the league.

In the past two years Nate and Walt have:
            280 tackles, 55 PD's and 19 ints

Compared to Champ Bailey and Dre Bly:
            274 tackles, 54 PD's and 21 ints

It's so close, that it would be hard not to include Nate and Walt in the conversation of top CB duos. Both guys are great players, veteran leaders, and are sorely in need of help from pass rushers.

Comment

how did the 49ers make a top list for anything?

Comment

They've got no pass rush. Champ bailey can't cover for 10 seconds on every play.

Comment

I can't see Lito going anywhere for less than a 2009 first. If the Jags blow the Eagles away (much like with the Carolina offer for their first rounder), they would have to move him. Otherwise, they should definitely stick with their existing rotation and go 3 deep with Pro Bowl caliber CB's to help mask Dawkins' age and the potential holes at SS.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      A couple of sources (don't have time to find them) have said that the first time the Eagles heard of the trade possibility is when they read the story in the Philadelphia Daily News. Also, another source said that Del Rio hadn't even discussed the possibility of bringing Lito in, and that when he talked to Andy Reid before the draft, Lito was not even mentioned.
                      I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...

Comment

Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                          Bringing in Lito=Stupid. Why sign Drayton Florence? As dumb as he is, and despite the bricks for hands, he's not a bad cover corner.
                          the thought is, if Lito was brought in Brian Williams would move to Strong Safety....and Florence was signed to play nickel back...since we play it 75% of the time anyways...

Comment

I've heard both as well but then I've also heard that the sides are so close, Jacksonville just has to work out the financial deal...

so I don't know who to believe...
                            Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                              Considerng that the Eagles never gave Lito permission to seek a trade, I know who I'm believing.
                              I heard that they gave his agent permission to seek a trade....I'm so over this...lol

Comment

If the Eagles didn't move him pre-draft, they're probably not moving him at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information