• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gholston is going to be GOOD.

Comment

a bust already?
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Gholston should be very effective in that system, I don't even think he's the most likely bust in the top 6. I give that honor to Matt Ryan, almost simply b/c he has Joey "Ballgame harrington to show him the ropes.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Gholston got bored in college.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

Is this thread really necessary?

Comment

I do find it interesting that they ended up acknowledging that Chris Long was their preference. The last week or so, many were talking about the fall of Chris Long. It looks like that was just false, as talk has been the Raiders would've probably taken him at 4, the Chiefs, assuming that Dorsey wasn't there, would've taken him at 5, and at 6, the Jets definitively would've taken him.

As for Gholston and Keller, the picks are fine. I didn't think they'd have the guts to pull the Keller pick, but they did, and I applaud them for that. They needed a guy like that to attack the middle. As for Vernon, he should be alright at the least. First off, he's likely to be rotated in and out a bit, with Pace and Thomas there. 2nd of all, they can scheme around any deficiences.

Comment

Just stop watching the Jets. It's obvious that they're out to get their fans and lose their commitment to the team.

Why else would they draft Gholston? It's not like they get paid to watch
                and analyze every inch of the prospect to make the best decision possible
                on what they'll invest tens of millions of dollars.

Damn Jets ownership. Damn yous!

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  I do find it interesting that they ended up acknowledging that Chris Long was their preference. The last week or so, many were talking about the fall of Chris Long. It looks like that was just false, as talk has been the Raiders would've probably taken him at 4, the Chiefs, assuming that Dorsey wasn't there, would've taken him at 5, and at 6, the Jets definitively would've taken him.
                  I thought Chris Long was definitely a possibility for Oakland, but apparently they had already assured McFadden that morning that if he was there, they would have taken him. In light of what some of Oakland's coaches have said, I think McFadden was the unquestioned #1 on that board for a really long time.

As for the Jets, I wouldn't worry about Gholston. I've been one of his more outspoken detractors on this site, but the potential there is immense. Maybe he never harnesses all of it, but he'll at least be able to beat an offensive tackle to the edge several times a game and close down on the quarterback very fast playing from that linebacker spot.

Comment

Gholston probably never fulfills his potential, who honestly wants to bust their ** for the jets?, but I think that at least he'll get 8-12 sacks just due to his scheme letting him get someone one-on-one where his quickness and bullrush will beat average blockers.

Comment

I don't think gholston is a good OLB, he will get sacks bet will suck in coverage and run contain, he is a RDE in a 4-3, I just don't buy him as a full time 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                        Gholston probably never fulfills his potential, who honestly wants to bust their ** for the jets?, but I think that at least he'll get 8-12 sacks just due to his scheme letting him get someone one-on-one where his quickness and bullrush will beat average blockers.
                        What the hell what curse word has two letter in it

Comment

If he were positioned to be a 4-3 end I'd then say there's a 'bust' factor to consider however I only see him thriving in this 3-4 defense especially with the talent he's got surrounding him on the linebacking core.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Just throwing that one out there.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I think it was a VERY good pick for the Jets.

He was clearly the best player available.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Just throwing that one out there.
                                been beaten to death already a million times. As far as i can tell, one draft under one management has little influence on the draft of the same team under different management.

Just throwing it out there

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information