Why do the Jets have to draft bust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do the Jets have to draft bust?

I think the franchised is cursed...... By the talk of everyone on here and the guys on TV, Gholston is the biggest bust of the draft....... Why do we always draft bust?? Why is this franchise so bad?? Then the guys on TV also think Dustin Keller was a 3rd round talent, so theres another 1st round TE bust for us....... Why do I even like this team???

I don't see how a guy is a bust when he hasn't played an NFL snap. He has a bust "factor" because he seems to be a bit of a workout warrior that lacks consistency, but that doesn't mean he will be.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

its been one day! holy crap.

Comment

This franchise can't afford a bust..

Comment

over 1/2 of d-lineman that are selected top 10 seem to take plays off. Mario Williams was inconsistent in college and he had 14 sacks as a 2nd year player.

Comment

Everyone is saying they are going to be bust, so I guess that means they are going to be bust. No one at all likes Gholston, why did we draft him?

Comment

Who cares what people say? Let things play out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

He has the second highest bust chances of the top 6. (Ryan is tops naturally) imo of course. His upside is huge though, higher than Chris Long. I would have taken him too at that point. Who did those people want the Jets to take instead?

Everyone said that the Texans made a huge mistake passing on Bush for Williams. Only way to find out is to wait 3 years.

Comment

Does Gholston compare to Mario Williams though?? Weren't their college stats close to alike?? And both are physical freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                    I think the franchised is cursed...... By the talk of everyone on here and the guys on TV, Gholston is the biggest bust of the draft....... Why do we always draft bust?? Why is this franchise so bad?? Then the guys on TV also think Dustin Keller was a 3rd round talent, so theres another 1st round TE bust for us....... Why do I even like this team???

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                      I was being sarcastic, because it seems like every guy on TV and all the guys online are already calling Gholston a bust. I hope it ends up like Mario Williams situation.

Comment

jetsfan, these are peoples opinions, not actual scenarios. Now that hes is IN the NFL i think he will intensify his workouts and become a hardworker. It seemed like until now everything has been handed to him since he got word he was a first round talent.

Comment

Jets got Danny WOODHEAD.

Comment

just ********. Do i even need to comment on this? I don't think so

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Well considering how well Gholston played against the #1 overall pick in the draft and how great he was against LSU I say the experts are nitpicking and really looking for someone to go down on in the top ten. Matt Ryan was just too easy of a target I guess. I think the real reason they went to hard on calling Gholston overated is because like Mario Wiliams during his junior year Gholston took a while to really catch fire and at the end of they year he was the most consistently dominant DE there was and really abused every tackle he faced if you look at the film. That plus he was a workout warrior who was a top 10 pick when in a normal draft he probably should go in the 8-15 range and some people were pimping him for top 4 which is too high for him.
                              Last edited by keylime_5; 04-28-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information