No announcement yet.

2008 Regular & Post Season Outlook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times do the Chargers have to dogfight it out with the Colts before people realize that it's not exactly a W written in stone for Indy?

Comment

I was gonna say what makes people think Carolina is a good team and they won't continue to underachieve, even now that the roster is weaker than it was before when they were underchieving. Then I saw the sig of the person who started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Let's see: New coaching staff with a coach who was originally hired as an OC, then promoted after they didn't offer the job to at least 5 other more qualified candidates. They have a new offensive system that thrives on quick passes and the screen game. That is not what the current personnel was designed to do. Jason Campbell doesn't have a lightning quick release, and he has played tentatively at times. Who knows if Todd Collins will be the answer either?

Defensively, there is a new sheriff in town. While the personnel is good, the depth in the secondary is not good in my eyes, and the lead CB (Rogers) is coming off a serious knee injury. I also don't see the team being capable of generating a consistent enough pass rush to help out the secondary.

While I'm not sure they will go 5-11, it's not like everything is clear, bright, and sunny in DC right now.
        Campbell had his best season in a west-coast offense.
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

even though I see the Jaguars winning the Division, I really doubt they go 13-3 with one of the hardest schedules in the NFL...I see 11-5...it's funny though because I do see them going to the Superbowl...

Comment

Let's see: New coaching staff with a coach who was originally hired as an OC, then promoted after they didn't offer the job to at least 5 other more qualified candidates. They have a new offensive system that thrives on quick passes and the screen game. That is not what the current personnel was designed to do. Jason Campbell doesn't have a lightning quick release, and he has played tentatively at times. Who knows if Todd Collins will be the answer either?

Defensively, there is a new sheriff in town. While the personnel is good, the depth in the secondary is not good in my eyes, and the lead CB (Rogers) is coming off a serious knee injury. I also don't see the team being capable of generating a consistent enough pass rush to help out the secondary.

While I'm not sure they will go 5-11, it's not like everything is clear, bright, and sunny in DC right now.
            Have they done anything to improve their lines on both sides of the ball?

Comment

moss and el are actually very good fits for the WCO. one of the biggest factors for wide receivers in the west coast offense is making plays after the catch. this is what moss and el do best. the 3 primary receivers in a WCO are the split end, flanker, and slot. moss and el are ideal for the flanker and slot positions and the only spot we really lacked going into this season was a good split end. this is where devin thomas will hopefully come in. he's the taller, possession style receiver who also thrives on making plays after the catch. campbell is the only player in the "personnel" where i would question if he is the right fit and we won't know that until he gets into the game. hes definitely got the mobility and football smarts to succeed in a WCO which are things that are harder to teach. the biggest thing he is going to need to work on is his 3 step drop quick release and he now has arguably the best qb coach for the wco in the nfl to help him.

i agree that rogers coming off injury is something of concern but we did finish 8th in the NFL last season with him not being there most of the year. so if he comes back healthy as expected then it would be an added bonus. im not going to sit here and say we are going to have the best pass rush in the nfl but it will be improved. carter was great all year and montgomery has only gotten better and better with the more playing time he has had. also chris wilson who had 3 sacks in the last 3 games of the year is expected to have a much larger role and hopefully add some value to the pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjspartan View Post
                if they can stay healthy for most of the year and mcnabb has a good year watch out
                If if's were fifths we'd all be f***** wasted

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Have they done anything to improve their lines on both sides of the ball?
                  the problems on the offensive line were due to injuries. jansen and randy thomas were out the entire year and are both fully healthy again. heyer got some good playing time and is now decent depth and we drafted rhinehart in the 3rd to add depth at both guard and tackle.

Comment

So the browns go 10-6, with the 8th rated offense and the 30th rated defense. They hire a new, competent, defensive coordinator add 2 time pro bowl nose tackle, a very talented young defensive end (with working knees, mind you) a trio of young corners with another year of experience.

The already deadly receiving corps of Edwards, Winslow and Jerevicious is augmented with Donté Stallworth and Martin Rucker and add tremendous depth to a dominant offensive line. Both the Quarterback and the Offensive coordinator are entering the second year in the system and second year playing/calling plays. Even if anderson struggles we have Brady Quinn coming off of the bench, he was expected to be able to start last year.

You list them as 8-8.

The steelers ignore the offensive line, which was really bad last year even with faneca, and their defensive line gets older and is paper thin. They were so arrogant as to draft backup skill players and injured linebackers. The only offensive linemen they took was a fourth rounder... who also had an injury.

You list them as 13-3.

I am a bit confused.

Comment

3-13? Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. I hope more people think we'll only win 3 games.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I don't buy Carolina having a better record than us. We've improved significantly on a team that won it all last year. While I doubt we repeat I do think we go to the playoffs for a fourth straight season. We're healthier on O, get kiwi back to help our pass rush and our secondary is a lot better. The run d really shouldn't be worse unless someone like AP goes down, although with Blackburn and Goff we have two instinctive thumpers backing him up.

Meanwhile I doubt Carolina's passing game and pass rush.

Comment

Lot of NFCN hate. How bad would the Packers have to screw up to only win 8 games next year? Only lost Favre, Rodgers AND Brohm would have to be horrible to cause us an extra 5 losses.

Bears are way better than 3 wins. Their defense gets them at least 6, I'd predict 8.

Vikings, 9-7 would be the low I think. Awesome DL and OL, most important parts of a team.

Lions 5 wins sounds good.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            the problems on the offensive line were due to injuries. jansen and randy thomas were out the entire year and are both fully healthy again. heyer got some good playing time and is now decent depth and we drafted rhinehart in the 3rd to add depth at both guard and tackle.
                            Can you expect Jansen to be healthy again? When was the last time he was healthy?

I liked what the Redskins did with the draft. Not so much about who they actually picked, but just the fact that they seemed committed to it, which is a change. However they failed to upgrade either side of the line. Which to me is going to continue to cost them.

Comment

The Bears are in flux. They could be bad, but they could be decent. I don't think they're a great playoffs candidate this year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The Bears are in flux. They could be bad, but they could be decent. I don't think they're a great playoffs candidate this year.
                                I've got the bears around .500 with healthy as the largest variable. They're defense looks healthy and good and the oline is significantly better. With a tandem at RB again, letting wolfe play a smaller role as playmaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information