No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler diagnosed with diabetes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sort of off topic mention here but just for those who may be interested. There is actually a potential cure in the works made from from using enzymes in the venom of a Gila Monster lizard. I've written a few papers on the topic, very interesting stuff, they've already made a derivative of it that helps control blood sugar, and if the progress continues as planned there could be a potential cure in the not so distant future :).

Comment

Wow. According to an interview with BroncosTV Cutler lost so much weight (unaware) he played his last game against Minnesota at 202 LBS. (His playing weight is 233)

he played the entire last quarter of the season with no energy, and still put up great numbers. he says that now he has his insulin he feels 100 times better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        Wow. According to an interview with BroncosTV Cutler lost so much weight (unaware) he played his last game against Minnesota at 202 LBS. (His playing weight is 233)

he played the entire last quarter of the season with no energy, and still put up great numbers. he says that now he has his insulin he feels 100 times better.

I was 15 when I was diagnosed. I weighed about 120 lbs before I got sick and weighed 75 lbs about 2 weeks later when I was finally diagnosed. My friends could put there hands around my thighs easy. I also was extremely tired. That's amazing he was able to perform at any level during this.

Comment

Where would he have been drafted if he was diagnosed before the draft?

Comment

thats a dumb question....

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post

How the heck does the Ponies medical staff and Cutler himself let a problem like that linger this long? How do they not notice him losing 30 pounds, and why didn't Cutler say anything of his health problems?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Did he put the weight back up? One of the big selling points of cutler was his strength and bulk

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  How the heck does the Ponies medical staff and Cutler himself let a problem like that linger this long? How do they not notice him losing 30 pounds, and why didn't Cutler say anything of his health problems?
                  the weight loss should have been a good indicator IMO but if no one noticed that...you gotta think, guys don't like to tell people that they have problems. especially big tough football players

Comment

And most players tend to lose weight over the course of a season. For someone his size, dropping 10-15 lbs by the end of the season is common, dropping 30 is unusual, but not unheard of.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information