Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Cutler diagnosed with diabetes

http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_9124884

type 1, that sucks. I feel bad for the guy but from that, it doesn't seem too serious and shouldn't affect his play.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that, Cutler seems like a good guy. :/

Comment

Damn, this is really bad. No matter how you spin it, getting diagnosed with diabetes is horrible.

I've met people that have had diabetes, and nicks and cuts that would be insignificant to most people have to be taken care of very cautiously when you have diabetes. Higher risk of infection i believe.

This sucks when you're a football player and are banged up week in and week out.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        Damn, this is really bad. No matter how you spin it, getting diagnosed with diabetes is horrible.

I've met people that have had diabetes, and nicks and cuts that would be insignificant to most people have to be taken care of very cautiously when you have diabetes. Higher risk of infection i believe.

This sucks when you're a football player and are banged up week in and week out.
        actually, Diabetes is really manageable if you know how to take care of yourself...

if he maintains his active lifestyle (which is a given) and eats right...he should be fine...

Comment

Diabetes kicks the **** out of your immune system...

Comment

Depends on which type you have. Type 2 is somewhat manageable is most cases. Type one is real serious, How old is he, 23, 24? Usually it sets in much before that hence, " juvenile diabetes". He'll have to be careful with his kidneys and injuries in his extremities, his vision will eventually be affected as well, and He'll have difficulties staying hydrated. He's going to have to be careful managing his blood sugar levels during games, and practices. When blood sugar is out of whack a diabetic is not a normal functioning person. I'd be willing to bet that he won't have much of a career now due to this, who knows though Adam Morrison is doing OK with it.I guess that's just more of an opinion of mine. Regardless, he's going to have to take excellent care of himself to play pro football.
            Last edited by TitleTown088; 05-01-2008, 10:56 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

God this sucks real bad. I hope he finds a good way to manage it

Very sad :(

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

That really sucks...god bless him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  based on what, exactly? the "holy crap it's a post on nfldc about a player that isn't entirely positive" hypothesis, or maybe it's the "i don't have a bloody clue what i'm actually talking about, so i'll just randomly make a bizarre assertion and call myself skip bayless" bit?
                  Based on every male in my family being a diabetic, including myself. Excellent point on me not knowing **** about subject though. It's hard for a person without the disease to understand what it feels like.So, I guess that would make you the one "who dosen't have a bloody clue what they're talking about"? To think that someone life goes on find and dandy after getting diabetes is asinine. Managing diabetes, especially type one is no fun task, let alone play pro football with it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    That really sucks...god bless him
                    Ditto that man, My prayers are definitely with him, Sucks to see someone so young and promising diagnosed with this, poor guy. I

'm sure He'll give Diabetes a fight though and thoroughly kick its ass, Cutler is just one of those kind of guys, He wont let this drag him down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      Based on every male in my family being a diabetic, including myself. Excellent point on me not knowing **** about subject though. It's hard for a person without the disease to understand what it feels like.So, I guess that would make you the one "who dosen't have a bloody clue what they're talking about"? To think that someone life goes on find and dandy after getting diabetes is asinine. Managing diabetes, especially type one is no fun task, let alone play pro football with it.
                      Kendall Simmons has type 2 diabetes and he has had a hard time with fatigue and staying hydrated. It's especially noticeable during hotter games.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

He can hang out with Wilford Brimley now

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                          Kendall Simmons has type 2 diabetes and he has had a hard time with fatigue and staying hydrated. It's especially noticeable during hotter games.
                          I'm sure it is. Every time I work out really hard or for too long I have to slam some freaking Orange juice from going into zombie mode.

they get smoked.

Comment

that's terrible
                            type 1 is the worst kind too

Comment

That sucks! So just to be clear he has type 1 which is considered more serious and worse? I'm sorry but I'm ignorant about diabetes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information