Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody think it's strange that Byron Leftwich hasn't been picked up by anybody?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody think it's strange that Byron Leftwich hasn't been picked up by anybody?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being slow, stupid, overweight and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him. Don't worry though Jag fans, I'm not implying he's a bust. Well, maybe I am.

Harsh criticism.

Bitter Much?

Comment

well, it's obvious he's been a bust but it's not entirely his fault...he just couldn't stay healthy in Jax. He's got great skills as a Quarterback and that was evident in 2005 when he threw 15 td's and 5 int's before breaking his ankle.

He then went to an Atlanta team where he was on the ground every other play due to their horrible offensive line. If you're going to make a thread on why Leftwich hasn't gotten much attention in FA why don't explain why you think he's stupid and prone to getting the crap knocked out of him...

Comment

I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

ManningEnvy is a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
            ManningEnvy is a POS.
            This is true!

Comment

I wouldn't call him a bust at all. He was pretty productive and then got hurt. He didn't pan out, but calling him a bust all together is kind of bogus. I think if he could just sit in a system as a backup for a year, build up some strength and health and then went full on into it, he could still be a productive QB in this league. He unfortunately did not get himself into the best of situations for a second chance last year...

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                I remember when he got the start in Altanta and started off really hot then he hurt his ankle...If he goes somewhere with time to throw(obviously the slow release) he would make a very solid QB.
                Yeah, Will Smith killed him.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                  ManningEnvy is a POS.
                  he's my personal stalker....

Comment

that release and lack of ability to slow the ball down really hurt him. He can make some amazing throws that very few players in history could make but when its 3rd and 4 I never trusted Leftwich to make a short conversion which is what you need to do to win in the NFL. It is weird how some guys were atleast decent and then soon after that can't even get a roster spot. Happened with Tim Couch as well.

Comment

Don't mind the troll, people.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

its incredible how he still is on this board

Comment

Byron is definitely gonna have to sit a year as a backup if he wants another start at a starting job. I could see him hanging out in Detroit while they build up their O-line for another year. I'm not sure how Drew Stanton is progressing though.

Comment

Byron Leftwich? More like Myron Sandwich!

Comment

I'm not surprised, I've hated on the man since he came in the league, he sucks.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information