Potential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential

Who do you guys think is the team with the most potential to be great in a couple of years?

I think the Raiders have the most potential because they have three players in particular that have an absolute ton of potential in McFadden, Bush, and Russell. If all of them develop I think they could be great in a couple of years.

Another team with alot of potential is the Falcons, they have their 2 back system in place and they have a young franchise QB in Matt Ryan. They also have to offensive lineman with potential: Justin Blalock, and Sam Baker.

Kansas City without a question.

Comment

The Raiders do if they improve their offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        Kansas City without a question.
        Thats what I was thinking but they don't have a franchise QB and that is what I think really takes them out of the race because they have guys like Dorsey and Albert who have loads of potential, but they don't have a QB with a ton of potential like Oakland or Atlanta and a QB is the leader of a team so....

but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
          Thats what I was thinking but they don't have a franchise QB and that is what I think really takes them out of the race because they have guys like Dorsey and Albert who have loads of potential, but they don't have a QB with a ton of potential like Oakland or Atlanta and a QB is the leader of a team so....

but that is just my opinion.

Why does everyone keep assuming Croyle can't be a good NFL QB? It seems like everyone always assumes so quick on a QB that wasn't a 1st rd pick, and then when its a 1st rd pick everyone will say "he's still developing", you dont think Croyle needs time to learn and develop too? He's only been in the nfl 2 years, one was a redshirt year, this past one he didn't even start half the season and he was with no LJ, no LT, and a terrible overall O line with a rookie WR still developing himself.

It's a little early to judge him, and to act like he won't get better just because he wasn't drafted in the top 10...He has a cannon for an arm, and showed flashes of some potential, he's not a lock to be a success but it would be stupid to act like he has no shot of being a good starter in this league with weapons around him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I will be a homer and say the Vikings.. if Tarvaris can continue to progress each year, in 3 years, the Vikings will be scary.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

teh jagz obviusli

...but rly, this is the zenith of their talent. The defense will start wearing out soon (started last year), and the offense will probably go through an "adjustment period" soon. Things may not be that bad, though, if the young defensive talent steps up. Also, MJD will be in his prime in a few years.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Potential wont win games for the Raiders. I don't think Russell is going to pan out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The Packers wont match their great success this year, but they will still be very good in 3-4 years once either Rodgers or Brohm take the snaps regularly. They have all the makings if they invest in a younger offensive line in the next year or two.

My non biased opinion will go to the Jets. No one remembers that they had a playoff run a couple years back. The QB situation is a problem as well as working in the new 3-4 defense. Look for them in a couple years when Brady's empire starts to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                    Potential wont win games for the Raiders. I don't think Russell is going to pan out.
                    I've been saying this from day one. Russell, in my opinion, wont work out in the NFL. He has all the physical makings but he cant make the reads.

Comment

Easy.

Look for the teams that are strong in the trenches on both sides of the ball and have a good young QB. That's the formula.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I am going to say the Vikings. They are great in the trenches and Tarvaris Jackson has a lot of potential. That is not to say they will be great. Jackson still sucks and while we do have a lot of young talent at WR and in a couple years that can be one of our strong points Berrian has yet to play a down here while Rice and Allison are still developing. I really do think that if we get good QB play, AD isn't injured, and we play up to our potential we will be one of the best teams in the league. Then again this could all be the homer in me talking.

Besides the Vikings I really like the potential of the Chiefs and Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          I've been saying this from day one. Russell, in my opinion, wont work out in the NFL. He has all the physical makings but he cant make the reads.

He played a little last year and from what i saw last year is very promising he seemed very relaxed and didnt become rattled under pressure like some would think out of a rookie. With more experience i think he will be even more comfortable taking snaps he has the arm and accuracy to be a great qb in this league. I think people think he will fail is that he has this carefree look to him almost as if he doesnt seem to care either way but i think thats just the way he is but you need a qb that can shrug mistakes off and not get bothered by them and move on.

Comment

To pick a team picking Top Ten, I'll say Atlanta and here is why.

You discuss that potential with the Raiders, but Atlanta has a big three on offense in Ryan, Turner and White. Likewise, if everyone is wrong about Sam Baker, this offense has the potential to be beastly.

Looking on the other side, their front 7 is alright if they can get a DT next year, and secondary should be able to be rebuilt. I think Atlanta can do damage in 3-4 years.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                              I will be a homer and say the Vikings.. if Tarvaris can continue to progress each year, in 3 years, the Vikings will be scary.
                              I hope we're still in Minnesota in 3 years, or I won't give a ****.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information