No announcement yet.

Sleeper Studs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this might be the year that Vernon Davis finally gets the ball thrown his way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Martz doesnt like TEs!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        I think this might be the year that Vernon Davis finally gets the ball thrown his way.

Yeah. That's a good pick as well.

Comment

For the Packers, I'll say that people will start to recognise our DTs: Johnny Jolley and Ryan Pickett are solid run stoppers and Harrell should have a much greater impact this year.

Also I expect one of the safeties to step up their game, maybe Nick Collins? He's played ok since he entered the league but he's got a much greater ceiling.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
            For the Packers, I'll say that people will start to recognise our DTs: Johnny Jolley and Ryan Pickett are solid run stoppers and Harrell should have a much greater impact this year.

Also I expect one of the safeties to step up their game, maybe Nick Collins? He's played ok since he entered the league but he's got a much greater ceiling.
            Ryan Pickett is good. A lot of Rams fans seem to clump him in with Jimmie Kennedy and Damione Lewis when talking about the problems the Rams had drafting DT's, but that's dead wrong. Pickett is actually good and we should have kept him.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
              Yeah, hopefully. He makes a ton of mistakes but he also makes a lot of plays and is tough to bring down when he catches the ball. Hopefully he can work the kinks out and actually be used as a weapon instead of staying in to block all the time.

Im also hopeful for WR Jason Hill. A 3rd round pick from 2007 that will hopefully explode under the tutelage of Mike Martz. He has a lot of potential but at this point, its all potential. Since the 49ers figure to pass a lot more and he doesnt have great competition in front of him (guys like Ashley Lelie, Bryant Johnson, and Arnaz Battle stand in his way), i hope he can break into the top 3 rotation at WR.

Comment

Since I know the most about the Rams I will mention a few guys to watch for.

1. Oshiomogho Atogwe FS- Really had a breakout year last year, leading the NFC in interceptions, but he will begin to be recognized this upcoming season.

2. Randy McMichael TE- I know a lot of people are aware of him, but he has fallen off the radar a little bit. Al Saunders likes to use the TE, so expect a bit of an uptick in production from McMichael.

3. Tye Hill CB- He has the potential to become a top tier CB. He needs to rebound from his back injury last year.

4. Clifton Ryan DT- An absolute draft steal last season. He was absolutely dominant in his limited playing time. He will get a lot more playing time this season.

5. Quenton Culberson OLB- He was an undrafted FA signing last season. The coaching staff really likes him. Starter one game last year and had 10 tackles and a FF. He is expected to challenge Chris Draft for the starting SLB spot.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Zach Miller. I see him and Russell building on the great chemistry they showed near the end of the season and he will certainly be one of his better passing targets especially in the much needed short passing game.

Comment

reading over all of this i guess this thread failed
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      Pierre Thomas - RB -- I think he showed what he can bring to the Saints in last years game with Chicago. I expect him to be incorporated more into the offense and light it up.
                      I certainly hope so.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

A guy i've always liked and who could wind up in a good situation in san fran is Bryant Johnson. I think he's got all the ability to be a true #2 WR, but was just stuck behind fitzy and boldin in zona. The signing of bruce could make his role a bit smaller, but if Battle struggles or his ankle acts up i think johnson could flourish as the slot guy in martz system.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Fabian Washington will be a stud in Baltimore.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                              Bryan Thomas for the Jets, he did good in 2006, but bad last season. With new competition on the team he may have a big year because of him not wanting to lose his spot at Starting OLB. Since we added Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

Also Justin Miller, hes in a contract year, never lived up to all of the talent and potential he has, but maybe he can have a good year this time and be the #2 CB for the Jets.
                              Yeah I agree. Right now he's our 5th LB, but he'll still gets loads of playing time. He could have a big year with teams always keying up on Gholston and Pace. I heard that last year before he got hurt he was about to be the #2 cb. Mangini was real high on him and this year it'll be interesting to see where he falls on the depth chart behind Revis.

Another guy who may have a breakout season is Sione Puoha. Kris Jenkins is the starter, but Puoha will have a decent amount of time spelling him so he could have a breakout season.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information