Sleeper Studs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    Offense: Brandon Jackson, got really good towards the end of the season. Could surprise

Defense: Will Blackmon, needs to stay healthy, is going to play the nickel back role and both KR, PR. Could make a large impact for us.
    Blackmon's not going to be the nickelback. Patrick Lee should tacke a hold of that and Williams will probably be ahead of him too.

Comment

I think defensively for the 9ers Goldson is probably going to start at FS and could have a breakout year Jay Moore OLB is also sounding like he could have a huge year
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        for the hell of it I'll say Drew Stanton.

QFE I loved him coming out and would've rather taken him to develop than Jarrett.

Comment

i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
            i cant take this thread seriously sleeping studs....
            ?

What are you talking about?
            --Four Norse Men of the Apocalypse--
            ......Allen Wlliams Williams Edwards......
            .......--Future Riders in waiting--........
            ......Robinson Evans Guion Mitchell......

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

think about it lol sorry for being random just ignore me

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                Zach Miller. I see him and Russell building on the great chemistry they showed near the end of the season and he will certainly be one of his better passing targets especially in the much needed short passing game.
                best call yet for this thread.

Comment

Any one have any more? Particulary from the Colts - they seem to produce some pretty good players out of no where.

Join this football simulator...its pretty sweet. http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13176733

Comment

Allen Barbre-Packers

Comment

Re: Colts:

I can't think of anyone on defense, because all the starters are coming back from last year. Including first-time starters last season Ed Johnson (Big Cat) and Tyuan Hagler at SLB, maybe they would qualify perhaps although Big Cat was the only Colts defensive lineman to play all 17 games last season. Hopefully WLB Freddy Keiaho plays a full year, he had a handful of injuries last year and missed a few games. I guess you could say CB Marlin Jackson could get additional recognition if he has a good year, his second as a starting corner, although I thought he played at a Pro Bowl level last year.

Offensively, left tackle Tony Ugoh is in a similar case as he didn't get to play a full season last year, thanks to a neck injury I think it was, although he's only going into his second year. There will be a new starter at RG, but it could be rookie Mike Pollak so that doesn't really count even if he is a big improvement over Jake Scott. Same at tight end, rookies are going to step in for departed Ben Utecht.

I guess the one guy I would say to keep an eye on, if I had to pick one player from the Colts roster who could turn from absolute sleeper to potential stud, is wide receiver Roy Hall. I really think this guy could become something, and he's got all the talent as a 6-2/230 receiver with speed. He's learning the offense, the big thing is if he's going to get the opportunity with Marvin Harrison healing up for a new season. He didn't get to play last year because a big special teams collision he delivered landed him on IR (and ended the other guy's career unfortunately), otherwise he might have gotten his chance with all of the injuries last season (I was really bummed about that). But he said the injury gave him a better chance to learn the offense as a rookie, and has drawn positive praise about his performance in the offseason so far, so we'll see.
                      Last edited by Geo; 05-22-2008, 11:26 PM.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

For the Titans:

Most people have heard of Titans' LT Michael Roos by now, but RT David Stewart should receive more recognition this year....a young Jon Runyan type.

S Michael Griffin had a very strong showing as a rookie last year; he'll be recognized as one of the "new breed" safeties....ballhawking playmakers who cover like a corner, but hit like a ton of bricks.

How's this for a sleeper pick: the quintessential bust, WR Mike Williams has been generating a bit of a buzz in OTA's. From what we're hearing, he has shed 30 lbs this offseason, and has come to camp focused and with a surprising air of intensity. OC Mike Heimerdinger has a long track record of maximizing the potential in his WR's; could it be that Dinger might finally get the light to come on for Williams?

Comment

I like the way the Colts D works i am a big fan of Matt Giordano, and i would like to see him getting more playing time elswhere.

I know this is for veterans more than rookies but i think wr Pierre Garcon could turn out to be a realy good player, especial being around Manning. I realy wanted us to get him in the 6th since about 4 months prior to the draft and he was avaliable at our pick in the 6th, and we took Jaymar Johnson...i was very dissapointed

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Stanley McClover, he was a bit of a fan favorite in the draft a few years ago and was slated as more of a tweener. The guy is now absolutely massive and looks like a DE, he might not be a starter depending on his battle with Johnson and Brayton but I think he'll make some impact rotating in.
                            Originally posted by nfrillman View Post

5. Quenton Culberson OLB- He was an undrafted FA signing last season. The coaching staff really likes him. Starter one game last year and had 10 tackles and a FF. He is expected to challenge Chris Draft for the starting SLB spot.
                            love it, two of my favourite players in the league hopefully they boom this year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                watch out for devin hester as a wide receiver. if he learns how to do anything more than streaks and screens, he could be downright dangerous, especially with greg olsen and desmond clark in the middle of the field drawing attention away from him.
                                I doubt anything draws attention away from Hester, if they do then that team is asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information