Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL.

You stay classy Falcons. ;)
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      See DeAngelo Hall, now with the Oakland Raiders.
      Hall asked to be traded. Completely different scenario.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
        Why the hell would the Falcons trade him for a 4th round pick? That would be the steal of the century for another team.

Obviously the guy is known for his character, so maybe he did screw up, give the guy another chance. I know you don't want criminals in the organization but the guys past clearly show's he can change. Sometimes people do make mistakes and I think whether or not he stays on the team will depend on how Boley himself takes responsibilty for his actions.

Hopefully the Falcons organization can look at the circumstances, properly disipline him, and bring him back to be the leader of the defense because without him, I can't imagine how much worse that unit can get.
        It was a semi joke at how we trade our star defensive players for much lower value in the NFL Draft.

And of course I want exactly what you said. I am just hoping that it doesnt get that bad, and after being a fan of the Falcons for the past year, we really have to expect for the worst. It will have to come naturally to us now

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
          Hall asked to be traded. Completely different scenario.
          - Hall requested to be traded after we began shopping him. Prior to that he said he was commited to being a Falcon. He said the team was more interested in trading him than re-signing him to a longer contract.
          - The team was being safe. Just like they may do with Boley. They are making sure there are no 'roudy players' such as DeAngelo, or bad characters, which they may consider Boley now.
          - We drafted him with the eight overall pick, he made two pro bowls and blossomed into an excellent, top five cornerback; he was also very young, only 24 years old after four years in the National Football League. Then we traded him for a high second round draft pick. Just like the Hall situation, trading Boley for a fourth would be a rip off considering how young and talented he is.
          - You said how much worst can the unit get, people said that before the Falcons traded DeAngelo Hall.
          - You said it would be the steal of the century, by all indications the Raiders got a two time probowl cornerback, top five at his position, eight overall draft pick, twenty four going on twenty five year old player for a high second round pick. I would call that a steal.

That said, I really doubt we trade him if this is the only strike against him.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Oh well trade him to the Raiders for a Cheese burger.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFan View Post
              Oh well trade him to the Raiders for a Cheese burger.
              If we traded him to the Raiders I might consider them being my favorite team along with the Falcons.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Anyone find out more information on what exactly happened?
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  Anyone find out more information on what exactly happened?
                  All i know is he was arrested in his home, which probably means it happened at his home. He is married and has two kids from different past relationships at only 25.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

He's important to that unit turning around, him and Lofton will be pretty beastly together, I hope he doesn't get traded this soon.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Boley, Lofton and brooking make a scary unit for other teams, my research;
                      * Simple battery may include any form of non-consensual, harmful or insulting contact, regardless of the injury caused. Criminal battery requires an intent to inflict an injury on another, as distinguished from a tortious battery.
                      * Sexual battery may be defined as non-consensual touching of the intimate parts of another.
                      * Family violence battery may be limited in its scope between persons within a certain degree of relationship: statutes with respect to this offense have been enacted in response to increasing awareness of the problem of domestic violence.
                      * Aggravated battery is generally regarded as a serious offense of felony grade, involving the loss of the victim's limb or some other type of permanent disfigurement of the victim. As successor to the common law crime of mayhem, this is sometimes subsumed in the definition of aggravated assault.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29

he could have been attacked and then swung back, or this could have been something unseen, but if he caused it, assault would have been added, if he hit someone while provoked, he would have only been charged battery. it makes me thing he was provoked.

and if he was at his home, someone could have broken into his home and he just took them out the way Sean Taylor could have, had he been in able to see what was going on, I'm gonna wait until more details are released..

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Well, that is surprising. And it sucks.

His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

mug shot

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                            ATLDirtybirds just had a heart attack
                            I was close. I thought it was a joke at first. Doesn't seem to be too serious though.

Comment

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...oley_0506.html

That's the update. He "got physical" with his wife.

Comment

The minute I heard this I figured he hit is wife. I find it funny how Falcon fans were all saying he probably was protecting his son after it was revealed it happened at his home but what did you think happened, someone broke in a tried to punch his son? I guess you all just wanted to hope he did nothing wrong. The fact is he has two children from different mothers and regardless of whether he cleaned up his act or not that does not scream character guy to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information