Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redskins Fred Davis Misses Practice...Overslept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    LOL I do the EXACT same things for my finals...Set two different alarms, have two different friends call me on top of that lol, its that serious, I would of taken the same approach with mini camp...Also its only a few days, I'd like to think guys could go a couple days without partying.
    i take that stuff real seriously, lol. no point in working hard all semester long just to throw it all away oversleeping on a final....

    btw, on the trojan front i saw people discussing....

    has anyone noticed that since carson palmer and troy polamalu, there have been almost no trojans to live up the hype of that program? lofa tatupu may be the only one and he wasn't even a first round pick...

    trojans who haven't lived up to the hype: (in my opinion)
    mike williams (flat out bust)
    matt leinart
    reggie bush
    lendale white
    dwayne jarrett
    kenechi udeze (even pre-cancer he wasn't that good)

    theres probably more but i can't think of any off the top of my head. steve smith won a SB with the giants but didn't really contribute all that much i dont think...and keary colbert had one decent year for the panthers as a rookie but i havent even really heard of him since....

    so it was a little surprising to me to see teams jumping all over the trojans this year....idk

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      i take that stuff real seriously, lol. no point in working hard all semester long just to throw it all away oversleeping on a final....

      btw, on the trojan front i saw people discussing....

      has anyone noticed that since carson palmer and troy polamalu, there have been almost no trojans to live up the hype of that program? lofa tatupu may be the only one and he wasn't even a first round pick...

      trojans who haven't lived up to the hype: (in my opinion)
      mike williams (flat out bust)
      matt leinart
      reggie bush
      lendale white
      dwayne jarrett
      kenechi udeze (even pre-cancer he wasn't that good)

      theres probably more but i can't think of any off the top of my head. steve smith won a SB with the giants but didn't really contribute all that much i dont think...and keary colbert had one decent year for the panthers as a rookie but i havent even really heard of him since....

      so it was a little surprising to me to see teams jumping all over the trojans this year....idk
      Patterson's been pretty beastly, and the jury is still way way out on Matt. Carson and Troy have been the shining examples though, no doubt about it. It's hard to believe it was so long ago that I was screaming at Carson to finally get his **** together, and he finally did it during his Heisman season.

      Comment


      • #18
        Well I'm telling you that Sam Baker isnt one of them.

        Thats pretty funny though.

        "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

        Comment


        • #19
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3382195

          He overslept because he switched rooms and when they came to look for him, he wasn't there. So obviously he's a bust already.

          And honestly why is this even a thread.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            i take that stuff real seriously, lol. no point in working hard all semester long just to throw it all away oversleeping on a final....

            btw, on the trojan front i saw people discussing....

            has anyone noticed that since carson palmer and troy polamalu, there have been almost no trojans to live up the hype of that program? lofa tatupu may be the only one and he wasn't even a first round pick...

            trojans who haven't lived up to the hype: (in my opinion)
            mike williams (flat out bust)
            matt leinart
            reggie bush
            lendale white
            dwayne jarrett
            kenechi udeze (even pre-cancer he wasn't that good)

            theres probably more but i can't think of any off the top of my head. steve smith won a SB with the giants but didn't really contribute all that much i dont think...and keary colbert had one decent year for the panthers as a rookie but i havent even really heard of him since....

            so it was a little surprising to me to see teams jumping all over the trojans this year....idk
            LenDale White had an 1,100 yard season for a playoff team. That's not bad for a 2nd round pick.

            Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3382195

              He overslept because he switched rooms and when they came to look for him, he wasn't there. So obviously he's a bust already.

              And honestly why is this even a thread.
              I sense a little bitterness in this post.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3382195

                He overslept because he switched rooms and when they came to look for him, he wasn't there. So obviously he's a bust already.

                And honestly why is this even a thread.
                Oh, well thats a good excuse...At least him missing practice was justified





                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                  LenDale White had an 1,100 yard season for a playoff team. That's not bad for a 2nd round pick.
                  Not bad at all. Unfortunately he mocked the Lights Out dance during a blowout, which turned into a miracle comeback by the Chargers. So if you ask me he lost a lot of cred.

                  Plus he couldn't get one freaking first down in the National Championship when we really needed it.

                  Oh who am I kidding, I will always love Lendale. Roll on, you ferocious butterball.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                    Where was his roomate?
                    Haven't you seen Drumline? He ain't his mom!
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                      Patterson's been pretty beastly, and the jury is still way way out on Matt. Carson and Troy have been the shining examples though, no doubt about it. It's hard to believe it was so long ago that I was screaming at Carson to finally get his **** together, and he finally did it during his Heisman season.
                      Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                      LenDale White had an 1,100 yard season for a playoff team. That's not bad for a 2nd round pick.
                      i wasn't saying that all the guys i mentioned were bad or were busts (at least not most of them)....they just havent lived up to the hype it seems that the media always throws on USC guys.

                      and on the lendale front, if he were a turning into a great running back, the titans wouldn't have drafted henry or johnson. (or at least not both of them if you want to make the 2 back argument)

                      it just seems to me that for where all of these guys are drafted and how many of them are getting drafted that high, very few of them have really produced at the high level that seems expected of them

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        i wasn't saying that all the guys i mentioned were bad or were busts (at least not most of them)....they just havent lived up to the hype it seems that the media always throws on USC guys.

                        and on the lendale front, if he were a turning into a great running back, the titans wouldn't have drafted henry or johnson. (or at least not both of them if you want to make the 2 back argument)

                        it just seems to me that for where all of these guys are drafted and how many of them are getting drafted that high, very few of them have really produced at the high level that seems expected of them
                        How many second round running backs are expected to turn into great running backs? Picking up a second round running back in Henry was more a matter of insurance, because White didn't set the world on fire his first year. But White proved himself the better running back. And how much hype does a second round pick actually command? Nobody expects a 1,100 yard rusher out of a second round pick.

                        Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                        The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                        I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Fred is seriously stupid, but its one time, its not like he was making it rain and never lost his lesson (pacman), but its kindof hard to believe that you miss an entire practice because you oversleep. I mean you could miss some of it, but practices go for like 4-5 hours at least.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            Fred is seriously stupid, but its one time, its not like he was making it rain and never lost his lesson (pacman), but its kindof hard to believe that you miss an entire practice because you oversleep. I mean you could miss some of it, but practices go for like 4-5 hours at least.
                            Oh, it's possible, I slept for almost 40 hours once. It all depends on how tired you are.

                            Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Fred is an idiot, anyways interesting in that article about how Portis challenged Landry to a 40, and according to reports they finished about identically at the same time. I know Portis has been working crazy in the offseason, if he can get his second gear back, along with being one of the better power backs in the league, we could be looking at a 1600+ yard season.

                              Sig By:The Dynasty

                              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                                Oh, it's possible, I slept for almost 40 hours once. It all depends on how tired you are.
                                Its possible he was pretty tired from stress of the draft, and from practice, but seriously how do you sleep through that? You know you have a big role to play coming into the NFL as a higher round pick.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information