Mendenhall robbed at gunpoint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    We dont really need another Sean Taylor situation. To many deaths of young men this past year. What was he doing up at 2 AM just walking around?
    Taylor got shot at his house.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
    The Destroyer Is Manifest!
    I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Mendenhall is stupid for walking on the street at 2 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
        Depending where on the southside he was it's not that bad of a neighborhood anymore. I work for some guys based in Chicago who work with U of C.
        Im not too familiar with Chicago...I have never been there. I am just going on what every is saying in this thread =)

I imagine though that mendenhall decided he was big enough to walk around the streets at 2 a.m. and that he could face anything. Apparently not. He did the right thing though and handed over his stuff. Life is worth more than a phone and some money.

Comment

there are assholes out there... High profile guys like this even that are massive like Rishard should always have some type of protection on them whether its a gun or bodyguard...

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
            Taylor got shot at his house.
            during a planned robbery...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
              during a planned robbery...
              There's not a whole lot you can do about something like that.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by DragonFireKai View Post
                There's not a whole lot you can do about something like that.
                Exactly I was using that in refernce to the point where somebody said he doesnt need to be out around 2 am because now he is a target. Sean Taylor was sleeping at his house and got killed so you never know what might happen to you when you are a professional athlete with a lot of money. He was just saying it would be better to try to take yourself out of bad situations. Losing athletes to violence is tragic, would hate to see something bad happen to Mendenhall or anyone.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

The Taylor comparison isn't valid. This was probably more random than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                    The Taylor comparison isn't valid. This was probably more random than anything.
                    There really isn't a comparison being made I think Neko and I were just saying Mendenhall didn't do anything wrong but should be more careful because people might come after you now that you're a star. Staying out til 2am on streets that people are saying aren't safe just isn't the smartest thing to do. I was just using ST's death as more of an example.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                      Exactly I was using that in refernce to the point where somebody said he doesnt need to be out around 2 am because now he is a target. Sean Taylor was sleeping at his house and got killed so you never know what might happen to you when you are a professional athlete with a lot of money. He was just saying it would be better to try to take yourself out of bad situations. Losing athletes to violence is tragic, would hate to see something bad happen to Mendenhall or anyone.
                      You're far more likely to be targeted at home than out on the streets, simply by reason of predictability. If you're really concerned about being shot, you'd go the Saddam route with body doubles and never staying in the same house twice. Predictability is what makes you vulnerable.

Comment

That's what I'm talking about... a real Steeler, he gets robbed at gun point, but he doesn't care because he's a man.. A real football hero...

He'll shoot up the bengals this season, and will break AP running record... He'll run for 399 yards in a single game, 2500 yards in a season...

Oh yeah Rashard "Bringing Home The Bacon" Mendenhall!

Comment

How you can get man getting mugged = greatest running back ever boggles the mind...

If this is the way it was, I am going to go get mugged right now! Then I can be the next Barry Sanders!

Comment

That sucks but it was partly his fault for walking around at a really bad time. Why would you steal a phone when it can be tracked and will be shut off to prevent you from using it anyways. You start calling people off it and that will all start getting traced back. It was probably a really expensive phone but he much would you get for a stolen phone...idk.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't know how many of you all feel around here when it comes to guns, but I don't understand some of the heat these athletes take when they own guns. Tank Johnson had enough weapons to fight North Korea alone, and they were registered to him but in another state, and he goes to jail and everyone chastises him for it. All these guys want to do is protect themselves and their families, and i have no problem with it at all. He should go out and get himself a nice little handgun once he turns 21, to take the life of the jackass that decides to risk taking his.
                              Last edited by MetSox17; 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                                How you can get man getting mugged = greatest running back ever boggles the mind...

If this is the way it was, I am going to go get mugged right now! Then I can be the next Barry Sanders!
                                No offense, but I doubt that if you got mugged you'd take it like a man... All I'm saying is that Mendenhall is a real man... Like the steelers, We're real men, and we show pu$$ies the door. We let Faneca walk, we let porter walk, we let wilson walk... Because they don't walk like we do. We walk HARD.

And Mendenhall is going to walk harder than any other RB in this class.

Smith, Keomatu, Hartwig, Simmons, Starks= Best line in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information