Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGinest set to retire after season

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...=si_topstories

No surprise, but Willie's last season is this one in Cleveland.

I like him and always have. A lot of big name players retiring lately. :(

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Sad, but it's time. Never could bring myself to hate the "other" potential hall of fame 55 Trojan.

Spygate...does it effect the chances of getting into Canton for guys like Willie, Ty Law, Seymour, Rodney? These are their star defensive guys who potentially allegedly got a glimpse of the opposing offense's panties.

I'm not saying all those guys are HOFers. I think at least one, maybe two though. They might give Rodney or Willie a gift, and Seymour's still building his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
        Sad, but it's time. Never could bring myself to hate the "other" potential hall of fame 55 Trojan.

Spygate...does it effect the chances of getting into Canton for guys like Willie, Ty Law, Seymour, Rodney? These are their star defensive guys who potentially allegedly got a glimpse of the opposing offense's panties.

I'm not saying all those guys are HOFers. I think at least one, maybe two though. They might give Rodney or Willie a gift, and Seymour's still building his resume.
        No way that will effect their chances. Even if it were to effect anyones chances it would effect Bill Belichicks... Not the players. I doubt it will be proven that this happened in the past players like Willie and Law who are not on the team now should not be critisized for this.

Comment

I don't think it will, but we'll have to wait and see how they're judged when the time comes.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I dont think so but we will see in 5 years.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I don't think this effects their way into Canton anymore than that steroids test will effect the guy in your sig. By the time it comes time to vote, the sins of their coach will not be viewed nearly as strongly as what they did on the field.

Michael Irvin for all of his off the field indiscretions was a first ballot HOFer. If he with all of the issues that he had can get in by merit of his play, than so will these guys.

Also, as a pet peeve of mine. There are no "gifts" to the HOF, those guys that get in deserve it.

Comment

Great Person/Player hope he has his best season ever

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                  I don't think this effects their way into Canton anymore than that steroids test will effect the guy in your sig. By the time it comes time to vote, the sins of their coach will not be viewed nearly as strongly as what they did on the field.

Michael Irvin for all of his off the field indiscretions was a first ballot HOFer. If he with all of the issues that he had can get in by merit of his play, than so will these guys.

Also, as a pet peeve of mine. There are no "gifts" to the HOF, those guys that get in deserve it.

You have three little paragraphs, and they all have a decent amount of wrong in them.

1. I do think people will remember the roids test when it comes Merriman's time. Way to take a random OT shot at a Charger; I raised the point as a legitimate question.

2. Irvin was NOT a first ballot hall of famer. Oops.

3. You're being naive if you don't think some guys make the Hall despite not deserving it. The ultimate example is Lynn Swann, but you still have guys like Gale Sayers who just don't have the numbers/greatness/longevity to back up the fact that they're in Canton. Hell, they let Madden in because of his video game!

Comment

Hell, they let Madden in because of his video game!
                    Yea, I mean its not like he was a great HC or anything like that...His overall winning pct is still tops I believe and he never had a losing season...Just because you only remember him from the video game doesn't mean thats why he was put in the HOF.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Yea, I mean its not like he was a great HC or anything like that...His overall winning pct is still tops I believe and he never had a losing season...Just because you only remember him from the video game doesn't mean thats why he was put in the HOF.
                      Ten years as a head coach just isn't enough to make the hall of fame if you ask me. It's not the hall of great careers, which he obviously had. The number of PLAYERS who didn't play ten years but still made the hall of fame has to be painfully low, let alone coaches. This is definitely not the thread for it.

Don't make assumptions about what I've seen or remember. I recall distinctly watching his teams underachieve year after year after year before finally breaking through.

Comment

Your really underestimating HOF voters if you feel like they voted Madden in for a video game, you know they don't vote on the HOF like the pro bowl right? Guys who voted him in could care less about his impact on a video game, look at his rap sheet as a HC, and add to the fact that he is one of the most famous nfl broadcasters of our time and will be remembered just the same for that...I didn't make any assumptions about what you saw or remember, but its just plain ignorant to assume he is in the HOF due to a video game

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He's obviously had a great player, but I don't understand how somebody can say they are going to retire after the upcoming season. If he's to the point where he doesn't think he can take another season, he should retire now. But, I don't understand how somebody can say that they have the desire to play football, but that desire won't be there after the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                            He's obviously had a great player, but I don't understand how somebody can say they are going to retire after the upcoming season. If he's to the point where he doesn't think he can take another season, he should retire now. But, I don't understand how somebody can say that they have the desire to play football, but that desire won't be there after the season is over.
                            Think of it as him giving his two weeks notice.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
                            The Destroyer Is Manifest!
                            I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                              Have you ever played football?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information