No announcement yet.

Free Agent class of 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see one of those RBs in Chicago.

Comment

49ers whos contract will expire after this season

1. Eric Heitmann, Center
      2. Ashley Lelie, WR
      3. Bryant Johnson, WR
      4. Drew Olson, QB
      5. Zak Keasey, FB
      6. Damane Duckett, OT
      7. Ronald Fields, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT
      8. J.T. O'Sullivan, QB
      9. Tony Wragge, OG
      10. Allen Rossum, KR/PR

Honestly, i wouldnt re-sign any of them. I think they will all be on different teams next year. I cant see any of them getting big deals though.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
        I would love to see one of those RBs in Chicago.
        fortes the man. he'll make those backs look like nothing.......yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          fortes the man. he'll make those backs look like nothing.......yeah!
          I want one of those backs. :)

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            I want one of those backs. :)
            yeah yeah, but for now, im riding the matt forte high im on. come next offseason, if he doesn't show much and one of those guys is available, i might just go with ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Just looking at teams with multiple big name free agents. The Cowboys have Marion Barber, TO, Ken Hamlin, and Terrance Newman are on this list.
              Also you can add Chris Canty, who we still remain to be talking to about an extension...I believe we are going to sign Hamlin soon, and T-new will be Tagged next year, he might get his deal, but he's already 30, I think he gets tagged next year to handle everyone else's deal, with Roy leaving, it be hard to imagine us letting Hamlin go too and having two holes at safety.

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              That's a lot. They can let Barber walk though, having drafted Tashard Choice and Felix Jones, he's now expendable. TO is too old to re-sign, perhaps.

Newman and Hamlin though, they aren't young, but are the best players in the secondary. Although the way the league is today, you wonder how much money you're willing to invest in the secondary.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. They already signed Flozell Adams long-term.
              Barber is a priority for the team to re-sign, that deal is probably going to be worked out soon, Tashard is insurance if Barber is hurt, but Felix was drafted to be paired with Barber...Newman is the wildcard, and if the best case scenario works out at DB I think he is tagged, then walks at age 32...Some cowboys fans might tell you differently, and we have said we would pay him, but he will be 32 years old, we would also have Pacman who is a #1 guy, if Jenkins pans out would be great as a #2 guy and has potential beyond that, Scandrick with his speed could end up the nickel guy, and thats still a great secondary...Granted that is a best case scenario with everyone, but with the depth now it could easily play out that way, his contract is in the same frame as D-Ware's whose will be huge, Ware is obviously priority with his age at this point.
              Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 05-07-2008, 11:07 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                49ers whos contract will expire after this season

1. Eric Heitmann, Center
                2. Ashley Lelie, WR
                3. Bryant Johnson, WR
                4. Drew Olson, QB
                5. Zak Keasey, FB Resign: Special teams player
                6. Damane Duckett, OT Resign: F/O has hopes he will be our next RT
                7. Ronald Fields, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT Resign: Inexpensive line depth
                8. J.T. O'Sullivan, QB Resign: QB depth that Martz likes
                9. Tony Wragge, OG Resign: Played well in Allen's absence last year
                10. Allen Rossum, KR/PR

Honestly, i wouldnt re-sign any of them. I think they will all be on different teams next year. I cant see any of them getting big deals though.
                I would resign the five guys in italics. Your whole roster can't be made of big name guys. I like to keep our developmental/depth guys bc our coaches know them and they know the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                  I would resign the five guys in italics. Your whole roster can't be made of big name guys. I like to keep our developmental/depth guys bc our coaches know them and they know the scheme.
                  I think Wragge and Fields have the best shot of being re-signed. Maybe duckett too.

O'sullivan depends on Martz...if Martz leaves, he goes with him. I dont think Keasey makes the roster this year to be honest.

Comment

Dunta Robinson would be welcome to come to Baltimore!

Comment

I would go streaking from my house to Titans headquarters if Lee Evans hit the FA market and we signed him.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Igor Olshansky will sadly be a free agent as well. Hopefully he gets resigned, but with Rivers, Merriman, McNeill, Castillo, Jackson, Gates and Cromartie coming up...

Comment

I hope the Chargers can't afford Castillo and he comes to Dallas. :D

Comment

The only viking FA I know of as of right now is Matt Birk. There are probably a couple of others but Birk is a Solid Center and I hope we can extend him this year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I'm interested to see how much Barber gets. How much money do you give to by far the best part time RB in the league?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                I hope the Chargers can't afford Castillo and he comes to Dallas. :D
                                I hope Castillo finally plays a full season, or at least is healthy in the postseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information