More players should be like Warrick Dunn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More players should be like Warrick Dunn

His first season back in Tampa and what does he do? Right away he helps 3 single parent families get homes. Great guy. Heres a few links about it:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...icks-in-tampa/
    http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may...m/?sports-bucs

He's helped 77 families now. In a day and age where you can't go 5 minutes without some nfl player getting in trouble, he's one doing his fair share of good deeds.

There are a lot of players that do stuff like this. You just don't hear about it as much because a player beating a hooker is considered much more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      There are a lot of players that do stuff like this. You just don't hear about it as much because a player beating a hooker is considered much more interesting.
      its sad but true...

Comment

Always has been a class act, he gets paid millions of dollars and uses his money the right way...Have so much respect for him and what he does, I saw on tv once the foundation with him buying single mother homes, it really changes their lives, thats a huge deal for them, and something thats so easy for millionaires, just a great story.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yea Warrick Dunn has been my favorite player in the NFL for a while. Too bad Alscott stole all his TDs he could had a great chance at the Hall of Fame.
          Originally posted by STARHEATHER
          the only hot actreeses are adult
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
          Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
            Yea Warrick Dunn has been my favorite player in the NFL for a while. Too bad Alscott stole all his TDs he could had a great chance at the Hall of Fame.
            i liked alstott too.....good thunder and lightning combo they made once upon a time.

Comment

you would think a Hooker beating football player would claim he was cleaning up the streets so to look like a model citizen. I know that what I would say =)

Comment

It's a shame that more professional sportsmen aren't as generous as Warrick Dunn with the millions of dollars that they earn.

Comment

Braylon Edwards is taking over the position of Awesome Dude who gives his Money to Charity a Lot Title when Dunn retires.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    i liked alstott too.....good thunder and lightning combo they made once upon a time.
                    Very good combo, back when RB combos weren't as trendy, they found 2 guys who were really good at specific roles, Alstott was amazing for what he was asked to do.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Dunn - Alstott combo was amazing. My two favorite Bucs backs of all time. And Dunn is one of the best ever at giving back to the community. It's not even just all the homes he provided for so many families, when Katrina hit he was the one to step up and organize a league wide challenge for all the players to give back. Theres not many other athletes this dedicated to helping.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        You mean Warrick Dunn's touchdown thief, right? ;)

Comment

Hats off to Dunn. Great role model. Great Player. Great all round person.

Comment

Yeah we need more guys like him in the nfl. Not just the nfl but all sports. Michael Jordan did a lot like Dunn did. Do you guys know of anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucimal Island View Post
                              Yeah we need more guys like him in the nfl. Not just the nfl but all sports. Michael Jordan did a lot like Dunn did. Do you guys know of anyone else?
                              Braylon Edwards
                              Tiger Woods
                              The Rock
                              Lance Armstrong
                              The Barber Brothers
                              Carmelo Anthony (donated almost 4 and a half million last year)
                              A lot of NHL players donate a lot of their time and a good portion give money as well

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information