Rate the top NFL LTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
    I will have a young replacement on hand. My Right Tackle will be a young guy from the list because I'm an awesome GM. LOL.

The list is which LT will you build your team on. It would be Jones/Pace because I want to win now. But also my Right Tackle will be awesome too in case of injury. Thats the key to the game.
    The problem with that is that good oline don't just come from talent, you need guys to have chemistry and grow together totruly dominate, that's why it doesn't make sense making guys develop chemistry with someone who'll be gone in 2 years. If I had a line that had been playing together for years with this guy that's one thing but building a team around someone who'll be gone in two years doesn't sound like a good plan to me which is why I'd take the guy who's 6 years younger and is only slightly less refined.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
      Horrible list!

Levi Brown is a RT...and where is Walter Jones???
      I stated this is a list of tackles who you would take if you were a team starting from scratch. Thats why I wasnt putting guys like Orlando Pace, Ogden, or Walter Jones up there because of their age.
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985 View Post
        I stated this is a list of tackles who you would take if you were a team starting from scratch. Thats why I wasnt putting guys like Orlando Pace, Ogden, or Walter Jones up there because of their age.
        it wasnt a horrible list cause u left Pace ogden and jones of it.
        Missing Jason Peters and having a RT on there as well as rookies is not a great list

Comment

1. Marcus McNeill
          2. Jason Peters
          3. Joe Thomas
          4. Jamaal Brown
          5. Michael Roos
          6. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
          7. Tony Ugoh
          8. Bryant McKinnie (down here, just because of his age and personal problems)

Comment

D'Brickashaw is getting rated awfully high based on draft position alone. He certainly didn't play well enough this past season to warrant this praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              D'Brickashaw is getting rated awfully high based on draft position alone. He certainly didn't play well enough this past season to warrant this praise.
              He's learning and getting better. I'm surprised that everyone expected this guy to come in and be an All-Pro right off the bat.

He is still as talented as any LT in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                The problem with that is that good oline don't just come from talent, you need guys to have chemistry and grow together totruly dominate, that's why it doesn't make sense making guys develop chemistry with someone who'll be gone in 2 years. If I had a line that had been playing together for years with this guy that's one thing but building a team around someone who'll be gone in two years doesn't sound like a good plan to me which is why I'd take the guy who's 6 years younger and is only slightly less refined.

Well 4 out of 5 of my O-line could still be on the team providing plenty of consistency. With Jones at LT, I would go younger at both guards and Right Tackle will a be a young future Left Tackle playing Right Tackle. Center wouldn't be extremely young like the guards though. I want to win now and win later and Jones gives me the best chance at that with a young Right Tackle being groomed for left tackle. But for keeping my job winning now is the highest priority in this league. Plus you would have deal with resigning one of these young players at a LT salary. With Jones/Pace, they are playing out their career on your team for 2-3 years and you can resign the young guy at a Right Tackle salary a year before Jones/Pace retire.

This scenario is complex because it most likely will be a fantasy draft if we are picking from all these tackles. When am I picking and who is on the board. If I had a big board of LTs, the one I provided would be it. And if I think I could wait and get Jones in Round 3 of that fantasy draft(because everyone is picking younger guys early) thats a great scenario because I can pick the most imporant position of QB and get a stud DE. If your building through a new expansion team, you only get to choose from a small list of players.

Comment

Levi doesn't deserve to be on that list right now. He was REALLY bad when he came back from injury last season but injury is only thing that would hold him back from being top 5-10.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Top five in some order is Joe Thomas (no sacks allowed), Jason Peters, Marcus McNeill, Walter Jones, and Jamaal Brown, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Top five in some order is Joe Thomas (no sacks allowed), Jason Peters, Marcus McNeill, Walter Jones, and Jamaal Brown, IMO.
                      Joe Thomas allowed 4.5 sacks. But that is still very impressive for a rook! :)

Comment

I could have sworn it was zero. Hm. I'll take your word for it. Any source for that? I'm just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                          I could have sworn it was zero. Hm. I'll take your word for it. Any source for that? I'm just curious.
                          Heres a link.
                          http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...id=8257&team=5

Comment

5 time pro bowler chris samuels anybody?

Comment

1. Walter Jones
                              2. Joe Thomas
                              3. Matt Light
                              4. Jason Peters
                              5. Marcus Mcneil
                              6. Jamal Brown
                              7. Bryant Mckinnie
                              8. Flozell Adams
                              9. Chris Samuels
                              10. Tony Ugoh

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                                As someone who saw every snap of every Browns game last year, I can tell you for a clear cut fact that those numbers are wrong. Joe Thomas didn't allow 4.5 sacks; that's just ridiculous.

And any list that doesn't feature Thomas #1, or #2 at the very least, is also ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information