No announcement yet.

Rate the top NFL LTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

though Jason Peters had a decent year..... i think hes the best LT in the NFL

hes got amazing athleticism, and he makes amazing blocks that other LT's just cannot make
    he gets a good push in the run game, has the strength to stop bullrushers, and speed to contain speed rushers

this offseason he admitted he was still learning how to completely play LT, and was still developing technique as a blocker and player

hes gonna get MUCH better, and hes only like 25
    Last edited by BufFan71; 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Also watch out for Joe Staley. He was good last season at RT and got better as the season went along. He is switching to LT this year and he has the size, athleticism, and skill to be great

Comment

I think Marvel Smith is underrated, I'd say he's in the top 10 LT's in the NFL. I think he's in the 9-10 range.. but he's certainly better than Ugoh, Jammal Brown.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

1) Walter Jones
          2) Michael Roos
          3) Jammal Brown
          4) Chris Samuels
          5) Jason Peters
          6) Joe Thomas
          7) Matt Light
          8) Bryant McKinnie
          9) Marcus McNeill
          10) Khalif Barnes

I left out Pace and Ogden cause of their age and injuries, but they're HoF'ers and we all know that. Walter Jones is still awesome. I think Michael Roos is the best LT in the AFC. Jammal Brown had a great year in protection, but he still commits too many penalties. Chris Samuels had an average year in protection and didn't commit a holding penalty all year, but he needs to limit his false starts. Jason Peters had his worst year sacks-wise and penalty wise, which dropped him. Joe Thomas had a great year for a rook, but he's still a rookie and doesn't deserve to be put ahead of the guys who've been great for years. Matt Light gives up too many sacks, but is good penalty-wise - he wouldn't make Pro Bowls if he wasn't a Patriot. McKinnie was awesome penalty-wise and is great in run-blocking, but he gives up too many sacks and if he masked by Steve Hutchinson? McNeill got blown up this year in protection, but is good in penalties. Khalif Barnes is very under-rated and commits few penalties, but needs to improve in protection if he wants to gain credit.

And when I say, Gives up too many sacks/Commits too many penalities, I mean it according to obtaining "Elite" status (ie. An elite LT may give up 4 sacks all year, so a LT who gives up 7 sacks gives up too many sacks to be considered elite in that area.)
          Last edited by TitanHope; 05-13-2008, 02:20 AM.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Matt Light is a little overrated because of the play of the line as a whole and having Tom Brady back there. Light can't handle speed rushers.
            nearly the same goes for jammal brown , is funny how overrated he is on peoples board.

Comment

joe staley
              Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Jason Peters runs a 4.8

I loved watching him on special teams when he was a rookie and a sophmore.. He would be one of the first players down the field and knock 3 players on their butts.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Can we consider RTs to be LTs in this context if the quarterback is left handed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                    Joe Thomas allowed 4.5 sacks. But that is still very impressive for a rook! :)
                    Where?

And if you are counting the first game of the year where Frye ran himself into what... 7 sacks?

I'm pretty sure Thomas got credited with 0 sacks allowed.

EDIT: Sorry didnt read some of the other posts, I still don't think Thomas gave up sacks besides in that first Pitt game where Frye was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      Where?

And if you are counting the first game of the year where Frye ran himself into what... 7 sacks?

I'm pretty sure Thomas got credited with 0 sacks allowed.
                      At least 3.5, but who's counting?

Comment

Originally posted by bustabinary View Post
                        Can we consider RTs to be LTs in this context if the quarterback is left handed?
                        Good question.. I think it should

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          Joe Thomas allowed 4.5 sacks. But that is still very impressive for a rook! :)
                          Tony Ugoh allowed just 1.5 sacks, of course he only played in 11 games due to injury, but that is still rediculous.

Comment

One day...Jared Gaither will be on this list.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                              Jason Peters runs a 4.8

I loved watching him on special teams when he was a rookie and a sophmore.. He would be one of the first players down the field and knock 3 players on their butts.
                              i remember his rookie year, he ran through the Cinci's punt team, and blocked the punt, and recovered it in the endzone

lets also not forget his leaping touchdown catch against the Texans

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                                Tony Ugoh allowed just 1.5 sacks, of course he only played in 11 games due to injury, but that is still rediculous.
                                He is blocking for Manning how is prolly one of the most prolific passers ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information