No announcement yet.

Rate the top NFL LTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of funny how Peters gets more hype now than he did last year. In 2006, he had his best season but was rarely talked about in Top 5 LT circles and didn't make the Pro Bowl. He didn't have as good of a season in 07 (still really good though) and he gets Top 5 talk and makes the Pro Bowl.

He is a stud, though. If I'm building a franchise, he's the LT I take 1st simply because he's more athletic and mobile than Joe Thomas, although Thomas is probably more technically refined right now. The scariest part about Peters is that he isn't a finished product right now and still has a very high potential. He's only played LT for 2 years in the NFL and he is playing excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Kind of funny how Peters gets more hype now than he did last year. In 2006, he had his best season but was rarely talked about in Top 5 LT circles and didn't make the Pro Bowl. He didn't have as good of a season in 07 (still really good though) and he gets Top 5 talk and makes the Pro Bowl.

He is a stud, though. If I'm building a franchise, he's the LT I take 1st simply because he's more athletic and mobile than Joe Thomas, although Thomas is probably more technically refined right now. The scariest part about Peters is that he isn't a finished product right now and still has a very high potential. He's only played LT for 2 years in the NFL and he is playing excellent.
      he's only played LT for 2 years period, he was a TE in college.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        he's only played LT for 2 years period, he was a TE in college.
        I know, that's what I'm saying. TE in college, TE for us his rookie year, RT his second year, and LT his 3rd and 4th years. Just an incredible athlete. His only improving and should be in the top 1-3 LT in the NFL for the next 5 years or so.

Comment

I know, that's what I'm saying. TE in college, TE for us his rookie year, RT his second year, and LT his 3rd and 4th years. Just an incredible athlete. His only improving and should be in the top 1-3 LT in the NFL for the next 5 years or so.
          yup....hopefully some of that Toronto money goes towards locking up him and evans and maybe trent if he has a good year.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Well Peters was at LT for only the second half of 2006, starting with the GB game. Of course our record improved greatly from that point and he was extremely good from the start there, but that's probably why he wasn't mentioned in the top guys. He was an absolute beast at RT, just amazing, and now he's a surefire top 5 LT in my book.

Comment

Starting From Scratch
              I'd Want Young Talent

01. Jason Peters
              02. Marcus McNeill
              03. Jamaal Brown
              04. Michael Roos
              05. Joe Thomas
              06. Bryant McKinnie
              07. David Diehl
              08. Joe Staley
              09. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
              10. Khalif Barnes

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Initial glance leaves me surprised to see Jamaal Brown ranked so high, given how speed rushers give him fits.
                Hmm...that is somewhat true but I still think that Brown is one of the top 3 tackles in the league. He was absolutely dominant two years ago. People must remember that he played last year with a knee injury and also dealt with an injury to his left calf.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information